Gold-Weddings Santorini

• Amanda321Amanda321 Posts: 9

I can highly recommend Anna Wilson of Greek Dream Planners ...www.greekdreamplanners.com 

They are a relatively new wedding planning business based in the UK and have a team in Greece, the owner Anna is Greek this being an advantage with all the legalities.  She covers all of Greece and its islands and has done 2 weddings in Santorini, and others in Parga  and Athens.

So be it a Greek wedding, blessings or whatever the ceremony Anna would be only too happy to help organise and advise.

• regina4regina4 Posts: 5

Yes Santorini is our favourite island!We had the chance to take our annual leave so he stayed for a week,then off to mykonos for a couple of days..

Flower girl I would never trust a new company , having done only 2 weddings in Santorini for the best day of my life! 

In my opinion choosing a planner is the most important thing while planning a wedding abroad.We made our choice according to other clients' reviews and our planners' many years of experience.

• nicole18nicole18 Posts: 163 New bride

Me neither! The A to Z of planning a wedding abroad is booking the right wedding planner.Each of us have their own criteria of whom to trust, but experience is the most important ones.

• Chelsey5Chelsey5 Posts: 40

After doing a lot of research on potential wedding planners for our big day,we decided to go with Gold and Alexandria.She caught our eye with her great work on social media ,as well as with her manners and kindness. She replied  to all our questions straight away and she is living in Santorini all year round .She provided us plenty of options on where our wedding should be held at.

We ended up booking Santorini Gem which was our first choice and now waiting for final guests' numbers so we could plan more activities (tours,party,etc)

Congrats!

Santorini Gem looks lovely! How many guests are you inviting?

We had a small wedding in Santorini a few years ago at Ilioperato hotel .

We intend to invite110 guests but possibly around 95 will be able to come .Not all of them are from the Uk you see , so it will not be easy for them to travel so far for our wedding.

Οh I see.. That is a huge wedding! It must be difficult to arrange things that everybody likes then! In which stage of planning are you?

Have you chosen theme,flowers,colours yet?

• emma731emma731 Posts: 1

Hi,

I have recently got engaged and looking to get married there after getting engaged in Santorini.

I just have a few questions if anyone can help.

When you book the wedding planner what does the price include? 

Has anyone got married at Dana Villas if so how much did it cost roughly?

Thank you so much xx

Hey!

The quote our planner gave us,included everything from venue hiring to dinner and transfer at the end of it.danas is lovely but got many stairs...

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332

Hi emma731

Congratulations! 

Different planners will include different things within their different package options, you can take a full wedding package including photographer, flowers, cake etc or you can take a basic package that covers emails/legal side and booking the celebrant. 

We have booked Dana Villas for our ceremony and Pyrgos Restaurant for our reception, Dana Villas is around 580 to hire for two hours for ceremony, drinks/canapes are on top of this fee. Their dinner I would budget around 75-95 euros a head and drinks depends completely on what you want to supply. Dana Villas has a maximum of 24 for reception. 

xx

My venue charges from 60-140 euros for food and offers several drinks packages.

Today I found the ONE!! I said yes to the dress!!It's a st.patrick mermaid style with lace.I also sent it to my planner and we decided on a fall bouquet.It will look much better than a round ones.

Oh Chelsey can we have a sneak peak of the dress xx

• fabiennefabienne Posts: 28

Hi emma731

We got married at Rocabella hotel you could check it for your ceremony.Then we had dinner at a local restaurant on a traditional menu that cost us 75 euros per head.

Chelsey5 congrats! I love santorini gem venue!seems beautiful 

fabienne we had similar pricing on our wedding meal.

Chelsey finding a dress was a stressful procedure for me! Glad you finished so quickly! It took me 3 weeks trying all different type of dresses before I decide.

Emma731 we booked the wedidng planner at the beginning of our research and then she was booking all the suppliers

I know! Now trying to arrange  decorations but am not quite sure if I want floral arrangements as centrepieces or candles...Want something elegant and simple.What's your opinion in that?

Well,I love the idea of candles on the table,or even floating candles on vases.Maybe you could add some flowers in the vases too? Or even rose petals?

We were thinking about  having a rose petals aisle,  so floating candles in huge vases would look beautiful..as per table arrangements I am in love with that.:

.image

Oh that is so pretty! Are you going to bring anything with you or you will arrange that through Alexandra?

Well I am going to bring some parts of it and the rest her company provides them for us.We are paying only for the flowers

Fair enough! How about accommodation?you are paying for your guests or they do?

We paid the night of the wedding for them

• Hi - sorry to jump in.  Lots of great advice . I'm thinking or Santorini.  Has anyone planned/ travelled with alit of children it there party .  I like the look of the dana villa or sant gem ( not got that far yet ) but been thinking if the best resort and hotel to stop in kids wise as if like us to be together.  I'm also worried about the evening part as there won't be loads of us to have a huge party . Xx

Hi laura parks

For lots of children I'd recommend Kamari, you will find more families stay in this area. there are loads of hotels to choose from!

You could have everything at Dana Villas this holds 24 people, and is lovely! Alternatively you could book a nice restaurant for your party after the ceremony xx 

Κamari is nice! And perissa is safe as well.

Both places had lots of restaurants and bars so you got many options for entertainment 

We had a small wedding too and chose the restaurant option for dinner 

• Thanks ladies.  Is kamari far from the venues ? I've been trying to look at the mean resorts and the best kid hotels etc . Just worried about transport to the venue especially for older people as I know there are a lot of steps and inclines xx

Distances on the island are very short.Do not worry you could book a bus or taxis for your guests.

Nicole18 you know avg prices for taxis ?

Better arrange a transfer as taxis can not be found easily .

Thanks nicole! My h2b will prefer to go with wedding party at the venue.

I just booked a sunset  cruise with traditional boat and dinner for the day-after.

That's great! Have you got final numbers yet?

We sent out 125 invites.We already have 58 confirmed but numbers change daily.The only sure is 2  families with babies will not make it.