Ravello in September

Hi,

We are considering booking a wedding in Ravello, Italy in September this year. I just wondered whether anyone else is also doing the same in September or has already done so. I'm wondering on the weather. I did initially look at August for the warm weather. What can we expect in September?

Also, as it will just be the two of us does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? Things to do on the actual day? There is a 12am booking available for the ceremony but I'm thinking that it might be too early

Thanks

• Victoria100Victoria100 Posts: 102 New bride

Hi

When we were there last summer, we met a lovely couple who had just got married that day (just the two of them) and they loved it. I believe they had their ceremony at 4pm, went and took photos in the mountains with their photographer and then had a lovely dinner afterwards.

There are three 5* Hotels to choose from, Villa Cimbrone, Palazzo Avino and Belmond Caruso. Cimbrone and Avino (also known as Palazzo Sasso) both have Michelin stars- we've eaten at both and both are amazing! I've never eaten at Caruso, but their cocktail menu is to die for!

I've been out there twice during my planning, so let me know any questions!

V

• 12am sounds a little early for me, but then does leave the rest of the day to celebrate and the nerves are gone before you know it (hopefully).. All the best with the planning :) x

• Thanks for the replies.  I agree 12am seems too early and I have asked for afternoon instead.

Victoria, have you been out there in mid to end of September?  I just dont know what to expect that time of year in terms of weather.  Any idea?

We are also planning a walking trip all around the Amalfi coast, does anyone know whether end of September is an ideal time to do this?

Many Thanks