Wedding in Rhodes, Greece... Help!!!

Hi all

New on here so pls bare with me!

Need some help.  My partner and I are hoping to get married in Rhodes at the Filerimos Cross next year.  I've been in contact with a wedding planner based in Greece but after speaking to a friend have been advised to organise ourselves.

Any thoughts or experience on this??? Also has anyone else been married in Rhodes?  

Thanks 

• Julianna21Julianna21 Posts: 38

Dear Kelly,

My advise is also to make it yourself, with this way you will avoid a lot of cost. Or you can have only some of the standard package (the most economy) from the wedding planner just for the legal documents.

Also you can book your own photographer and videographer for better results. I choose Ben Photography https://www.facebook.com/benos.rigas who helps me with many details from my wedding and to find the best professionals (make up, reception and dj).

• Kelly176Kelly176 Posts: 4

Thanks Julianna21.  

Im in discussions with two planner at the moment but am still thinking of taking your advise and doing it ourselves.

also, are you having a reception?  How would you organise this???  

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,167 New bride

Hiya

I am getting married on 21St June at Filerimos cross, I have gone with unforgettable Rhodes and they have been brilliant all the way through. Any questions you want to ask me feel free. 

MrsManniontob16 wrote (see post):

Hiya

I am getting married on 21St June at Filerimos cross, I have gone with unforgettable Rhodes and they have been brilliant all the way through. Any questions you want to ask me feel free. 

Thanks for the reply.  So exciting u have less than a month until your big day!!!  Can't even imagine being nearly there.

so now for the questions lol...

are you having a reception there?  Where did you chose?  I'm so worried about the reception for some strange reason!?! 

Also did you arrange any extras through unforgettable Rhodes?

Kelly x

Happy to help I desperate for someone to have the same place as me and never did lol

Yes are reception is at a hotel called shearton up on the roof top, yes I booked all extras through them like hair, make up, nail, transport, wedding favours, they do basically every and have brilliant x

I have been recommended the Shearton too.  Please let me know what's it's like.  Trying to choose between there and another taverna.

think we are just going to book the ceremony now and worry about the reception later 🙈.

Im bring so indecisive, which is not usual!

Ya I didn't book my reception straight away, I had a little think about it first, but honestly please dint hesitate to ask any questions I am happy to help, I leave for Rhodes two weeks tomorrow so exciting married threes weeks Tuesday,  I get bk from Rhodes the 1St July so I can send pics to u too if you like, what wedding planner are u going with xx

• nicole18nicole18 Posts: 163 New bride

You could hire a planner juust for the documents!