Sicily - Ortigia

Hello!

We are heading to Ortigia in July and hoping to visit some potential venues for after our ceremony in 2018 (yes ages away, but lots of people want to come, and will need to save up)

We will be getting married in the town hall in the stunning Duomo square, and then hoping for a very laid back reception afterwards.

We don't want a sit down meal, or anything formal and would prefer to have something outside.

Does anyone know any potential places in Ortigia or Siracusa?

Thanks!

• Hi Lavinia,

Congrats!

We are also looking to get married in 2018 and are looking at Ortigia.

Hope you had a good trip - did you find any venues for your reception that you could recommend?

Thanks,

Jess

• Lavinia77Lavinia77 Posts: 92

Hi Jessica, 

We had a fab time, gutted to be back!

We met up with Silvia from weddingsicily.com - her and her partner were lovely, they are Sicilian and are based in Catania, and are VERY knowledgeable about Ortigia and the local area. 

As we are both divorced, the stunning Duomo wasn't an option for us, so they showed us the town hall which is actually next door! This was a beautiful building, and the room where the ceremony will take place was beautiful.

We said before we met them that we only wanted to see places in Ortigia itself, as we didn't want our guests having to traipse about in that heat.

They took us to - 

Roof garden restaurant at Grand Hotel Des Etranges - which was lovely! They were looking at around 80 Euros a head for 4 courses, wedding cake and wine during the meal. 

The Terrace at Al Patio restaurant

Roof garden at Grand Ortigia hotel, which was nice, but a bit dated for our tastes

The terrace at A Rutta I Ciauli restaurant 

Restaurant Regina Lucia - which was gorgeous, but inside, which defeats the object of getting married abroad for us. 

I'd recommend contacting Silvia, as they are local and so knowledgeable. There are quite a few pictures of Ortigia weddings on their website. 

She said that there are many other fab places 'over the bridge', but we want to be as near to the Duomo square as possible.

Happy to help with the little info I have!