New Bride! !! SANTORINI!! St Irene chapel Wedding‏

Hi

Everyone I need a bit of advice on a wedding in Santorini as I am a like a fish out of water with organising a wedding, I am thinking of getting married in Santorini at St Irene chapel and following on to Pyrgos Restaurant, I have found a all inclusive wedding deal on a website http://www.santoriniweddings.net/st-chapel-Pyrgos.html which seems a really good deal. Could anyone recommend Pyrgos Restaurant or anyone who has done this deal?

Can anyone recommend Nikos the wedding planner I have read quite a few reviews on him and he seems to be good at what he does, It's just so scary organising your wedding in another country and not knowing what it will be like till the big day.

For accommodation I have been looking at Princess Anastasia apartments in Perissa has anyone stayed at this apartment? or could anyone recommend what its actually like in Perissa? 

Thanks

Kirsty

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332

Hi Kirsty 

We have also chosen Santorini for 2018, but we haven't booked yet as it's too far in advance! We are chatting to Nikos too, he seems really nice and very reasonable for wedding planning fees, quoted us 600 euros. 

Santorini is amazing we visited last year and fell in love with it, we love Greece in general and were in between Crete and Santorini for the wedding!

When are you looking for? xx 

• Kirsty163Kirsty163 Posts: 7

Hi,

Yes it looks stunning there I would definitely would go with Santorini, Yeah he seems really nice, he did advise us to book early in advance as sunset wedding seems to book up fast.

We are looking to book for September 2018.

If you don't mind me asking what he quote you for the 600 euros? is that just for the ceremony?

Thanks

Kirsty xXx

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332

He was saying that venues wont take bookings for 2018 just yet, we have been advised to book in January are you the same?

His 600 euros includes the following, our ceremony fees and reception fees are separate! xx

<ul>
    <li>Wedding consultation (Via Skype, e-mail, call us at any time)</li>
    <li>Booking your Date & Time</li>
    <li>Booking of Celebrant</li>
    <li>Pre wedding meeting on arrival</li>
    <li>Representative from our agency during the ceremony</li>
    <li>Advice and assistance with the essential legal Documents required for  the wedding</li>
    <li>Wedding Application</li>
    <li>Registrar Fees for the Wedding Ceremony</li>
    <li>Administration and handling fees</li>
    <li>Marriage License</li>
    <li>A Visit to Ceremony venue before your wedding date</li>
    <li>Provision of two Witnesses (complementary if needed)</li>
    <li>Wedding Supervision ( throughout your wedding)</li>
    <li>Arranging legal assistant  (if required)</li>
    <li>Arranging the signing of your Marriage Certificate the following day</li>
    </ul>
  • Mrs..C..2beMrs..C..2be Posts: 318 New bride

Hi Kirsty were getting married in santorini. We're having ceremony and reception at Pyrgos restaurant and we are also using Nikos. We get wed 3rd June 2017 xx

• Gemma RayGemma Ray Posts: 17

Hi There,

i have booked both my ceremony and Reception at the Santorini Gem Pyrgos restaurant and i cannot wait, we are getting married there July 2017. I have booked through Perfect wedding abroad and they have been so helpful. We have also had direct contact with our overseas wedding co-ordinator Lila and she is great too!

we are staying at the El Greco resort and Spa in Thira which is very much closer to the venue. Perissa is around a 20 minute drive away from Santorini Gem but Perissa and Kamari are like the resort type places to stay in Santorini. We get Married at 5:30 in the evening so the sunset on the pictures will be amazing.

We have paid £2500 which is for the ceremony and reception and then also the rental fee is included in that price. Please make sure they tell you about the rental fees as we just thought we would pay the ceremony fee and other small fees for the registra and everything. on top of this you will then pay the price per head for the food. We are having a buffet style menu which is 70 euros per head. i think the cheapest one is 65 euros per head at this venue. 

let me know if you would like any further helpful details xxx

• Matt20Matt20 Posts: 31 New bride

Nikos is brilliant, we married at St Irini in 2014!! We chose to stay in Kamari on that occasion, however have stayed in perissa. Both resorts are lovely but I edge towards Kamari as it has a bit more going on.

• Hi Kirsty,

Perisa is little bit far from Gem and you will need transportation for the ceremony and after.

If you still looking for a photographer or videographer I am a professional and my base is in Santorini. It will be a great pleasure for me to help you in any detail you may want about this beautiful island. 

You can check some of my work here:

https://www.instagram.com/ben_rigas/

https://500px.com/benrigas

My email is [email protected] and if you think my photography suits your style, please leave me a message giving me a glimpse of your story.

I am looking forward to capturing your dreams and memories! 

With kind regards,

Ben :)