Transporting dress to America??

I am getting married in Las Vegas in July and was planning on taking my dress in my hand luggage. Someone suggested sending it to the hotel by courier so save stressing on the flight. I am worried about using courier incase it doesn't arrive/gets damaged. Has anyone used this method? Or how did you transport your dress? Thanks!

• Hi Ashley,

i'll be taking my dress to Australia as my hand luggage. I don't think that's a stressful thing to do, once you're on the flight it goes in an overhead locker or I believe that it can be put in a wardrobe thing if there's no room. I rang my airline to find out!

Personally I'd be stressing if I used a courier, at least if it's in your hand luggage you can where it is at all times and you KNOW it'll be there for your wedding. I was bridesmaid for a friend in Vegas and she had her dress as her hand luggage too :) 

• Ashley59Ashley59 Posts: 2

Thanks so much for your reply! Taking it in hand luggage has always been the plan, the courier idea was suggested and just confused things ha! I will call the airline and get some more info. Good luck with your wedding 😊

• JessS14JessS14 Posts: 2

Hiya,

I just got my box from the empty box company. You can pick the design and it tells you the measurements so you can check with the airline before you buy it. Mine is so pretty, i think i will store it in the box after the wedding :)

• Tina20Tina20 Posts: 14

Hiya,

I got married in New York in April and we travelled over from Belfast. 

I asked the flight attendant on United Airlines if they could hang the dress up in first class on the way over and the same on the way back, and it wasn't a problem at all. 

I also contacted the concierge at our hotel and they arranged to have my dress steamed on our first day there, the wedding was on the second day and everything worked out perfectly!

Good luck

Tina

x

• RAH25RAH25 Posts: 10
    Tina20 wrote (see post):

Hiya,

I got married in New York in April and we travelled over from Belfast. 

I asked the flight attendant on United Airlines if they could hang the dress up in first class on the way over and the same on the way back, and it wasn't a problem at all. 

I also contacted the concierge at our hotel and they arranged to have my dress steamed on our first day there, the wedding was on the second day and everything worked out perfectly!

Good luck

Tina

x

This has been so helpful as I will be flying to NY for my wedding with United and I was worried they wouldn't hang it for me.  Did you contact United before your flight to make them aware you would be doing this Tina? 

• Gemma315Gemma315 Posts: 20
    Ashley59 wrote (see post):

I am getting married in Las Vegas in July and was planning on taking my dress in my hand luggage. Someone suggested sending it to the hotel by courier so save stressing on the flight. I am worried about using courier incase it doesn't arrive/gets damaged. Has anyone used this method? Or how did you transport your dress? Thanks!

I'm also getting married in Vegas too in March, i'm flying with Thomas cook which don't provide a dress box like other airlines do. So i'm going to buy a box, ask the dress shop to pack it for me. only problem i'm stressing about is re-packing it to come back as i will be wearing it again for our party