SANTORINI 2017

Hello all Brides to Be,

I am looking to book our wedding for either May or October 2017 in Santorini,

Thinking of booking with Thomas Cook for the ceremony and holiday and then we just want a meal/bbq at a tavern- we really cant afford to spend a lot. I reckon about 40 people will attend

Any ideas, price guide would be really appreciated

xx

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332

MrsPtobe7 I am also a Mrs P to be!! We have booked Santorini for June 2018, personally I would avoid booking with a travel agent I don't feel they have the best local knowledge or relationships with suppliers.

I know a lot of people have used Ionian Weddings and their packages have been good, it depends what your budget is. We budgeted 10k for 30 people for everything, suits, dress, travel etc and thats crept up. I think we are closer to 13k now. 

We are using Nikos Sirigos he is charging us 600 euros for our planning aspect including paperwork eand town hall fees etc, we are booking most of the things ourselves including ceremony venue, reception venue, we are just asking his opinion for suppliers. 

I have heard Pyrgos tavern is lovely for a reception, and the views are great! We are having ceremony at Dana Villas and reception at Theros Bar.

Remember to add VAT to prices as this aspect is not included like it is in the UK. 

xx

• Matt20Matt20 Posts: 31 New bride

Hiya, my brother got married on Santorini in 2012 and Thomas Cook made a complete mess of it!!! He gained compensation on return however that doesnt replace the bad memories!!

I however got married on there in 2014 and had an amazing experience. I did it independently. I am a destination wedding photographer and happy to provide a competitive quote to cover your wedding. Next year sees the start of me covering destination weddings and am already travelling to Santorini and Cyprus. If you contact me through my website www.mattnichollsphotography.co.uk  and we cant talk photography and also any other advice you may need. 

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

Hiya I got married in Rhodes last month and we went with an individual wedding planner and she said she had brides contacting her who had booked with the likes of Thompson and Thomas Cook as like someone else has already said made a complete mess so I would definitely look into individual wedding planners and do bit of research on them xxx 

• Gemma RayGemma Ray Posts: 17

Hi There,

We get married July 2017 and i have booked both my ceremony and Reception at the Santorini Gem Pyrgos restaurant and i cannot wait, we are getting married there July 2017. I have booked through Perfect wedding abroad and they have been so helpful. We have also had direct contact with our overseas wedding co-ordinator Lila and she is great too!

we have booked the holiday part of it through Thomas cook and we are staying at the El Greco resort and Spa in Thira which is very much closer to the venue. Perissa is around a 20 minute drive away from Santorini Gem but Perissa and Kamari are like the resort type places to stay in Santorini. We get Married at 5:30 in the evening so the sunset on the pictures will be amazing.

We have paid £2500 which is for the ceremony and reception and then also the rental fee is included in that price. Please make sure they tell you about the rental fees as we just thought we would pay the ceremony fee and other small fees for the registra and everything. on top of this you will then pay the price per head for the food. We are having a buffet style menu which is 70 euros per head. i think the cheapest one is 65 euros per head at this venue. 

let me know if you would like any further helpful details xxx

• Hello Brides to be! :)

Hope you're all well and enjoying planning your Santorini weddings! I have just got back from Santorini for a wedding at Le ciel and it was absolutely beautiful :)

I just wondered if anybody had got anything like hair or make up organised for your big day? After doing the make up for my friends wedding there and seeing how breathtaking it is - we have decided to take the studio over there for the next wedding season and thought it would be quite nice to contact some English brides while we are out there :) Our current english Facebook and website is www.studiobeau.co.uk or https://www.facebook.com/studiobeauuk/ - we are just in the middle of creating a new santorini one :)

Would be great to hear your plans and thoughts xx

Laura and Grace :)

LauraGrace Hi Laura and Grace! 

I would definitely be interested in this, I am 21st June 2018 and haven'y found any artists on the island I really love.

Let me know if this is something you are definitely considering x

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

Love the date lol that will be my 2 year wedding anniversary hope all your planning goes well xx

• Hi MrsPtobe7,

You choose one of the best destination about weddings. Santorini can give you amazing memories and the photos will be with great caldera background view. All the ceremony venues has this unique view and the most of the recepitons too, the only problem is the music after 00:00 and if you want a great dance party you must be carefull this detail. There are 3-4 venues that include closed area for the reception but the most of them are open and they turn off the music after 12 night. 

About the wedding planner and Thomas Cook, they have an office here in Santorini and as I know they cooperate with some planners, they are good. If you want to search more some great office are:

http://www.santoriniblissweddings.com/  

http://www.weddingplans.gr/main.html

http://www.aegeandreamwedding.com/

Of course there are more than 10-15 different wedding planners and if you still want more I can sent you and other recommendations.

If you still looking for a photographer or videographer I am a professional and my base is in Santorini. It will be a great pleasure for me to help you in any detail you may want about this beautiful island. 

You can check some of my work here:

https://www.instagram.com/ben_rigas/

https://500px.com/benrigas

My email is [email protected] and if you think my photography suits your style, please leave me a message giving me a glimpse of your story.

I am looking forward to capturing your dreams and memories! 

With kind regards,

Ben :) 

• Gemma Ray wrote (see post):

Hi There,

We get married July 2017 and i have booked both my ceremony and Reception at the Santorini Gem Pyrgos restaurant and i cannot wait, we are getting married there July 2017. I have booked through Perfect wedding abroad and they have been so helpful. We have also had direct contact with our overseas wedding co-ordinator Lila and she is great too!

we have booked the holiday part of it through Thomas cook and we are staying at the El Greco resort and Spa in Thira which is very much closer to the venue. Perissa is around a 20 minute drive away from Santorini Gem but Perissa and Kamari are like the resort type places to stay in Santorini. We get Married at 5:30 in the evening so the sunset on the pictures will be amazing.

We have paid £2500 which is for the ceremony and reception and then also the rental fee is included in that price. Please make sure they tell you about the rental fees as we just thought we would pay the ceremony fee and other small fees for the registra and everything. on top of this you will then pay the price per head for the food. We are having a buffet style menu which is 70 euros per head. i think the cheapest one is 65 euros per head at this venue. 

let me know if you would like any further helpful details xxx

Hey 

We are getting married in Santorini in July 2018 at Gem too and would love to hear how your big day goes x 

• Hi gillp2 !!

i get married July 2018!! let me know if you find anyone for hair and makeup as I'm finding prices so extortionate so far!! 

Thanks

Yasmin!

Hi Yasmin, 

I haven't come across ANYONE to do hair and make up yet, seriously considering bringing someone out there to do it. 

I don't know where to look as the style of make up is very different over there as well. xx

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 586 New bride

Hi all, 

my planner is quoting 220euros for my hair & makeup and 120 each for my bridesmaids, both hair & makeup also. So 700 euros for me and 4 bridesmaids which I didn't think was too bad at all considering other quotes I have had/seen!

xx

• nicole18nicole18 Posts: 163 New bride

Hello!

Price seems good ! But be careful as there planners on the island that book you fotography, hair & make up packages and put their office employees to do it without having any qualifications.That is why the sell cheap packages! I was in contact with one of them,but after reading some very bad reviews ,I changed my mind.

Good Luck!

xx