Calling Sorrento Brides

Hi ladies, 

I am in a complete quandary over accommodation. We are a family of four, kids aged 11 and 2 and I really want a room with sea views.  Have any of you been or booked a family room with sea views? Where are you staying? 

Im sooo stuck and my constant searching doesn't seem to get me anywhere.  The Bristol seems to be the best deal but according to google maps it's a 20min walk to the centre. Has anyone stayed here? How have you felt the distance was? 

Thanks in advance xx

• I know quite a few people do choose to stay at the Bristol but personally it is too far out. Staying in the centre of Sorrento really adds to the experience and you don't have to think about heading back to your hotel late at night (Italian families go on an evening passeggiata) considering you have young kids it would be much easier to stay in the town. 

I can really recommend the hotel continental and also the grand hotel flora. Hotel conca park is also a nice one. I've also heard nice things about the michaelangelo although I haven't stayed there myself and I don't think they have sea views. 

I've been going to Sorrento since I was young (I have family near Naples) and I'm sure whatever you go with you wont be disappointed! 

• Thank you MillsBride 😃 That's really valuable advice. I think your right that being close is important, particularly being the bride and groom it is practical for others to reach us. I've been emailing the continental, unfortunately their family room is pool view and the sea view suite is €700 a night 🙈 way over our budget.  I'm not battling in my head of whether getting the sea view room is that important. xx

• Wow! That's a lot of money.

Have you looked at the hotel tramontano? It's right next door to the continental so it should have sea views. I've never looked at it so I don't know what it's like but I knew a couple that returned there year after year. Xx

• mariexmariex Posts: 40

I have A 2year old and getting married next August. We have booked sea view room at the hilton I think it's the only hotel that doesn't look stuffy and has a park for kids. It is a little further out but walking distance. 

• We ended up booking the continental, I did in the end have to sacrife the sea views for a family room in that area. The Hilton was a strong contender,  looks a great hotel, but in the end we decided we wanted to be on the front cliff. Xx

• Hi MrsG2b 

just read that you have booked the continental. You won't be disappointed! Amazing location and lovely staff and always very very clean. The hotel is right near the cliff edge and also next to the path down to the marina grande which is a nice little stroll :) 

• MillsBrideToBe wrote (see post):

Hi MrsG2b 

just read that you have booked the continental. You won't be disappointed! Amazing location and lovely staff and always very very clean. The hotel is right near the cliff edge and also next to the path down to the marina grande which is a nice little stroll :) 

Aww brilliant, thanks. I'm really looking forward to staying there. Xx