Ravello Wedding 2018

Hi everyone! 

My name is Sophie and me and my fiance hope to get married in Ravello in 2018. I have started looking into the prices of different hotels to hold our reception and we really love the idea of getting married at the Town Hall.

I wondered if anyone is trying to plan their Ravello wedding by themselves rather than using a wedding planner? I feel that we might need one but I'm sure that's going to bump up the cost and we don't want to go over our budget. 

I think with a bit more research I will be able to find contacts for most of the services we would require, but I was wondering would anyone mind sharing how much they have found certain services to cost? Such as the photographer, videographer and especially the floral arrangements? 

Thank you 

• Hi Sophie206,

I am also getting married on the Amalfi Coast, in summer 2017!

Initially I wanted to organise the wedding myself too. I started contacting a few suppliers and venues. In the meantime I was also speaking with some wedding planners and found one I really liked.

The quotes she was sending were the same, but at times lower as she has been working with certain suppliers for a long time and manages to negotiate prices better :).

On top of that I found that suppliers do not reply very quickly and sometimes the language barrier is an issue so - a lot of chasing was needed, which I didn't have time for.

In the end I gave up on the idea of doing all of it on my own and I am grateful as that has already made my life easier.

We are also having a civil ceremony and the paperwork process is a nightmare so I am glad I have someone who can sort that out for us.

In terms of prices I realised that it very much depends on the suppliers used and services chosen, especially when it comes to flowers prices can vary.

Photographers go from 2000 euro to 3500 euro I would say. if you like one who is not from the area (our case), you need to pay a bit extra for the transfer and accommodation.

I am in the process of looking at videographers. I have been shown one I think is amazing but we have not asked for a quote yet. 

Hope I have helped :).

Good luck!

• AJ16AJ16 Posts: 89

Hi Sophie

We are getting married in Ravello in June 2017 at the Town Hall :-) 

I would definitely recommend using a planner. We haven't started the paperwork process yet but i have heard it it quite long and complicated so i'm pleased our planner will help with that! I think you have to send certain documents to the town hall and get them translated and signed by the right people so this might be a bit difficult to manage on your own, especially if you don't speak Italian.

We are using Mario at Wagner Tours and he is helping with the whole wedding and charging 1000 Euros. Though i know he prices each wedding differently depending on size/venue etc. 

Our photographer is also around 1000 Euros and the same again for our videographer and we are using Enrico Capuano. I did e-mail a few others but he was the cheapest by far, i think as he works with our planner so offers good rates if you go though him.

We haven't sorted flowers yet but i think this will be one of the expensive parts :-/ i've allocated around £2000 - £2500 of the budget looking at sample costs but am hoping to pay less!

I think the town hall will cost about 500 euros for the ceremony and taxes.

Hope that helps!

• Julia58 wrote (see post):

Hi Sophie206,

I am also getting married on the Amalfi Coast, in summer 2017!

Initially I wanted to organise the wedding myself too. I started contacting a few suppliers and venues. In the meantime I was also speaking with some wedding planners and found one I really liked.

The quotes she was sending were the same, but at times lower as she has been working with certain suppliers for a long time and manages to negotiate prices better :).

On top of that I found that suppliers do not reply very quickly and sometimes the language barrier is an issue so - a lot of chasing was needed, which I didn't have time for.

In the end I gave up on the idea of doing all of it on my own and I am grateful as that has already made my life easier.

We are also having a civil ceremony and the paperwork process is a nightmare so I am glad I have someone who can sort that out for us.

In terms of prices I realised that it very much depends on the suppliers used and services chosen, especially when it comes to flowers prices can vary.

Photographers go from 2000 euro to 3500 euro I would say. if you like one who is not from the area (our case), you need to pay a bit extra for the transfer and accommodation.

I am in the process of looking at videographers. I have been shown one I think is amazing but we have not asked for a quote yet. 

Hope I have helped :).

Good luck!

• Hi

I've just come across this thread so I might be a bit late now but I am getting married in Ravello in June this year.  We have used Ravello Events and their fee is around 1000 euros.  They have been very helpful with all the planning especially the paperwork/legal side of the marriage.

Some things I have booked myself, such as the photographer, as I liked her work more than the ones recommended by Ravello Events but most other suppliers have been recommended or booked directly by the wedding planner. They are not pushy though and allow you to make all your own decisions which has been good for me as I can be a bit of a control freak!

If there is any other specific info you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Lauren