Wedding insurance to include using a planner

Hi,

My partner and I are getting married in Sorrento next September.  We have booked our ceremony venue, reception, reception and ceremony  music, photographer and videographer most with the help of our wedding planner Sunland Sorrento. The ladies have been amazing and always super quick to reply. 

Everything back home is going great too with my bridal gown bought,  bridesmaids organised and starting to plan our invitations. I am a very organised bride lol

However,  my partner and I have been looking at booking wedding insurance as we have been told by quite a few people it is really important. But when we have looked up any insurance providers they all DON'T COVER any service that has been booked via a planner. That means our photographer,  videographer, ceremony venue and flowers will all not be covered. 

Has anyone found an insurance supplier that covers this? Or are people just booking up insurance and hoping all the services provided by the planner go without a hitch?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Dervla x

• MrsStateMrsState Posts: 178 New bride

Hi Dervla,

It looks like planning is going great! We found the exact same problem, all the policies did not cover a wedding planner. We ended up getting in touch with John Lewis directly to get bespoke insurance coverage which did come at a significant cost but better to be safe than sorry.

x

• AJ16AJ16 Posts: 89

Hi Dervia

We have had the same problem! We originally took out insurance with Debenhams but didn't realise they did not cover Wedding Planners until it was too late for us to get a refund! So we are just looking at it as cover for our UK reception though i was so angry i missed the t&c's about planners!

We have now got another policy with Dreamsaver Wedding Insurance. I e-mailed them before taking out the policy to double check they cover wedding planners and they do as long as you have a written agreement/contract so we are finally covered! x