Stella palace - Crete

Hi,

I am looking at getting married at Stella Palace in Crete. Has anybody else had any dealings with them? Struggling to find pictures of weddings there and am currently trying to find out all the costs that are involved. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

• Hi Laura667,

I read your post about your wedding venue in Crete and I will try to help you as much as I can.

I am professional photographer based in the island and I know Stella Palace, this is great hotel and you will have nice wedding there, why you want especially this venue for your wedding?

If you search you will find really amazing places in Crete for weddings, and great venues.

For example I know a private villa in Elounda where you can have a dream wedding and your guests will enjoy the amazing view. I attach you a photo from this villa.

Also in Rethymno and Chania are many great venues and the prices are good.

Please if you need my help or if you still looking for a photographer sent me an email in [email protected]

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332

Hi Laura 

we stayes here on holiday a few years ago, it's a lovely hotel but there was a wedding on while we were there and it was very public. People were in their bikinis cheering the bride as she walked up to the chapel and you could watch the whole wedding. 

as a hotel guest it was lovely but as a bride I'm not sure I would have liked it xx

• Thanks for the replies. I'm in two minds now whether to get married abroad as I really don't want it to be a public display. Myself and my partner are both quite shy and just want a small ceremony and close family to enjoy our day. Also i wasn't aware that you actually get married in the town hall and just have a ceremony another day. I assumed I would just be getting married the once and that would be in front of my family.