Creased wedding dress

Hi. I'm getting married in sorrento in May and have a silk wedding dress. I took it out the box to try it on the other day and it's terribly creased. 

What did people do to un-crease their dress when they arrived in the country for their big day? 

If i dry clean it before it will get creased in the box again? 

Thanks 

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 586 New bride

Are you using a wedding planner? If so then ask them where it can get steamed, or if not then your hotel will probably know someone that can do it or do it themselves 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Agree - you need a steamer

• If it's silk then it'll be fine. Just hang it in the bathroom and run the shower hot to steam the room, then leave it for a bit.

It works amazingly well as silly as it sounds.

I don't think dry-cleaning in advance will help at all. But if you add a layer of tissue paper between every fold that'll help prevent the creases in the first place.

• msbellamsbella Posts: 53
    Yes agree, I used to do pageants and when traveling we would run the shower on full hot, steam out the bathroom like crazy and hang a dress in there. you could try it out at home before you go. Just remember to close bathroom door - steam activates any fire alarms! :0 also I am going to take a spray bottle/mister cause this also works with any last min creases. Spritz the crease and smooth over with your hand. Should be a very fine mist
  • MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

I had a satin dress and when i got to my hotel o hung it up in my bathroom with a hot shower xx