Getting married in Cyprus, where do I start?

Hi all, after a heart to heart with other half and realising that we just cant afford a big wedding and neither of us wanted a church and village hall reception. He came up with the suggestion of getting married abroad, can't believe we didn't think of it before. Its my 2nd marriage and my fiancés first and we are no spring chickens, ill be 45 this year and he is 52 and we are thinking of september 2018 and I have absolutely no idea where to start, or how we go about it, so if anybody has any advice, hints or tips i would be extremely grateful thankyou 😊

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

Hiya i got married im rhodes,  i had a look online for wedding planners as i got told by a few people on here that it wasnt a good idea to use travel agents, i would recommed using a planner as they help you with all the legal stuff that needs to be done and helps you with all the stuff you need too, everything seemed reasonable price apart from the flowers so i made my own in the end and boxed them up in a suitcase,  having a planner made it all stress free, and they werent expensive,  we ended up having 62 guests ceremony, reception sit down meal, transport,  disco. Cake and an 18 night all inclusive holiday and it still worked out cheaper to what we had picked in the uk x

• Hi Shelley

I am a wedding photographer/videographer in Cyprus and have worked at hundreds of weddings here over the years.

We are taking bookings for September 2018 so I would advise you to start thinking about making some plans.

You should first decide which part of Cyprus you want to marry. Agia Napa, Paphos, Limassol?

Agia Napa is very much geared around hotel weddings and a lively nightlife, whereas Paphos has some stunning private rustic venues and some beautiful old churches. Limassol is more limited to a couple of big hotels.

If you would like me to message you a link to our work so you can see some places and get an idea, just let me know. I would be happy to help if I can.

And if you have any questions at all about weddings here, maybe I can answer them too!

Happy planning!

Brenda x

www.aphroditeproductions-cyprus.com

• Suze3Suze3 Posts: 51

Hi,

I am getting married this June In Cyprus, i am staying as always on the east side of the island in pernera/protatas, i was going to arrange things myself as there are only around 5 of us going,but trying to correspond with Cypriots is well,very laid back and I just couldn't risk that a photographer didn't turn up etc so for peace of mind I got a wedding planner over there who has been really helpful so far. Although mine probably not as elaborate as they usually arrange 

Im getting married at ammos beach, close to Cape greco, i think it costs around 500 euros to the town hall for the venue and then whatever the licence fee is.

After we are just going for a nice meal at a beach restaurant as pointless having a big reception for just about 3-5 people.

We have booked a lovely villa,even the owner has turned wedding planner, looking for restaurants etc,

Did you have a particular area of the island in mind?