beach wedding help?

My heart is set on a bare foot beach wedding. I'm wanting to stay in Europe with ideally no more then 5 hours flying time. I've been looking at cyprus or greece Does anyone have any recommendations? We have two young children so we need to take them into consideration for wherever we stay. We are wanting something small and intimate. Any recommendations would be great? 

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 586 New bride

Hi,

have a look at weddings abroad guide for lots of useful information and they have a fb page called weddings abroad guide community where you can ask questions and get recommendations from other brides and suppliers 

• Hi,

I am getting married in greece, although not on a beach. I have been in touch with several wedding planners based in greece and they all seem very helpful and come with good reviews. Also they are reasonably priced. 

Congratulations by the way

• Hello,

Congratulations!

I highly recommend Puglia or Sardinia in Italy for beach weddings- their beaches are stunning! Have a Google :) 

In terms of flying time you are looking at approx. 2.5- 3 hours, depending on where you are flying from in the UK. Low cost airlines fly to both areas at very reasonable rates plus the food is unbeatable in Italy!

Feel free to get in touch if you would like suggestions and info: [email protected]

Catherine xx

• Valer81Valer81 Posts: 18 New bride

Hello,

You could have a look at Kefalonia island, with a lot of wonderful beaches and venues with sea view! 

Please, have a look here: 

http://www.kefaloniawedding.com/wedding_gallery/view/47

Feel free to get in touch, if you are interested in! 

• Hi Jessica. First of all, Congratulation!

I am a wedding photographer/videographer in Cyprus and have captured hundreds of weddings over the years, and have worked in a lot of different venues too.

Which end of the island you are looking at? For Agia Napa, have a word with Jackie Baxter. She will look after you. 

This is her email address.   

[email protected]

If you are looking at the Paphos end of the island, then Stella Virdi is the lady you want. 

This is her address.

[email protected]

I have worked with these ladies many times and know that their attention to detail is first rate.

Unlike a lot of the other hotels here, they will only book one wedding per day.

If you would like to see some examples of venues here in Cyprus, just let me know and I can send you some links to our films.

Brenda x

http://www.aphroditeproductions-cyprus.com/

• Hi there,  if it is of any help I can highly recommend Anna  www.GreekDreamPlanners.com  she is based in the UK and covers mainland Greece and its islands.    

Amanda 

• felicia4felicia4 Posts: 8

Hi there, 

I would suggest booking a free consultation with the creative director at Loves Young Dream Weddings: www.loveyoungdreamweddings.com She can give you the low down on planning a magical and life changing beach wedding in Halkidki. 

I wish you all the luck in the world! 

• Emily263Emily263 Posts: 4

Hi 

I would suggest Sicily for a beach wedding. You can google and see how beautiful is the Ragusa coast. Also Syracuse is very charming and romantic, with its Ortigia island.

I suggest to have a look to the wedding planner lovelyweddingsicily.com

A wedding in Sicily is not so expensive but a the same time you have the italian quality...especially you can have the most tasty italian food :)