venue help

Ok chickas.

so I'm looking for something reasonably cheap abroad.

villa overlooking the sea, small castle, picturesque venue to hold about 15 people For a civil ceremony.

i also want to accommodate everyone as well so potentially in villas near each other or a reasonable priced hotel.

I had my heart set on Santorini but honestly it just seems so expensive plus I don't know how much accommodation will cost so I feel like I can't commit :(

can anyone recommend any Venues and accom anywhere above In Europe/Mediterranean?

• Hi Bride 2016,

Santorini is little bit expensive indeed.

Try to check for Crete island, this island has 50% better prices in venues, food, accomodation.

Check in google about Rethymno and a wedding near the beach, I can reccomend you a wedding planner if you want there. 

With kind regards,

Ben from Wedding Stories Photography

• Bride2016 

Hi, did you think to marry in Italy? I'm going to Rome for the Civil Ceremony (May 2018) and I find the prices reasonably affordable.

We will be around 30/35 people and I'm sure you can deal a good solution too, especially because of the smaller number of guests.

I also know that some small cities in the surrounding area of Rome are very nice and have prices even cheaper than Rome itself (for example, no fee for the municipality hall).

I'm using a Wedding Planner, because the paperwork are impossible without help (my hubby and I started the preparation ourselves and we found it very difficult). In the italian offices is rare to find a good english speaker!

If you want, this is the website: http://www.italianweddingplannerinrome.com/

They're doing great and they're definitely not pricy.

I'm here if you need to know more about my experience, definitely our best decision ever to have a destination wedding!

Rebecca-Kelly

• Bride2016Bride2016 Posts: 49

Thank you. I'll definitely have a look at your recommendations

• Julia58Julia58 Posts: 7

Hi Bride2016,

If you don't need a wedding planner and want to organise your own wedding, have a look at this website. It is a portal with a selection of suppliers for weddings in Italy http://www.stylemyweddingitaly.com/ It may be useful.

Good luck!

• Have you looked at Malcesine in Lake Garda? I went to a wedding there and it was lovely

• Hi,

should you choose Greece then I can highly recommend Anna of www.greekdreamplanners.com 

• Hi Bride2016,

For venues and wedding suppliers from across Italy, have you seen our website: https://stylemyweddingitaly.com/

It was launched last week and we are contentiously adding new and exciting Italian wedding vendors.

Many Thanks,
    Alice

• felicia4felicia4 Posts: 8

Hi there, Santorini is very expensive. I found Loves Young Dream Weddings could create a much affordable intimate weddinfg for me in Halkidiki. All their information is on their website: 

www.lovesyoungdreamweddings.com 

The venue is beside the beach and they can put you in touch with discounted accomodation for you and your guests so that you can all stay in the same region. They can even help you to organise group excursions and activities if thats what you want. They will literally take care of everything whilst caring about your vision to create the bespoke wedding of your dream. You should book your free design consultation with the creative director now. Hope this helps.