Wedding dress abroad

Hello, 

i am am getting married in Australia and wanted to know your thoughts on this dress? I really like it but wonder if it's too much for abroad, too heavy? 

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) 

https://www.maggiesottero.com/maggie-sottero/mercedes/9505

• Lisa311Lisa311 Posts: 24

Hello!

In my personal opinion I don't think it'll be too heavy. The reason I say this is because it's very similar to my Maggie Sottero and I'm getting married abroad too.

My plan is to ask my bridal shop to pack my dress in a suitcase for carry on luggage and they've confirmed it'll pack ok no problem and as yours is very similar to mine then I'm sure you'll be ok too :)

Beautiful dress by the way!

• Tracy82Tracy82 Posts: 3

Thank you very much for your response, I'm glad to hear it plus I tried it on the other day again and now ordered it because it's not as heavy as it looks in the image! 

Ah that's good to hear about you getting married abroad too - what dress have you gone for? 

They said mine should pack away too so that's good :) 

• ruby11ruby11 Posts: 17

I don't think I will buy a heavy ones...I am getting married in Santorini(greek island) so something simple will be nice

• Cynthia8Cynthia8 Posts: 12

Thats a very beautiful dress!

It doesnt look heavy at all - I am sure you will be fine.

Whilst on wedding dress topic - is anyone getting a bohemian inspired wedding dress? I am getting married abroad on the beach so would like something beach friendly. 

I fell in love with Grace Loves Lace style dresses but cant believe how much these cost.

Thanks

C x

• nicole18nicole18 Posts: 163 New bride

I had a lace dress so that was not heavy at all!Maybe have an extra luggage at the airplane.

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

Lovely dress. As long as you can pack it as carry on luggage and it makes you feel great, you have nothing to worry about. X