Cuba Wedding 2018 - Playa Pesquero

Hey, Just looking for some tips or advice about getting Married abroad.

I just booked my wedding from Thomas Cook and the weekend, we initially wanted to book Cyprus or Greece but way things worked out Cuba turned out to be cheaper and h2b always wanted to go to Cuba, 

Just Wondering if anyone is ever got married in Cuba, Holguin? Our Hotel is Playa Pesquero

Were leaving 17th of September 2018 im a bit worried about the fact its like hurricane season so has anyone been in September? 

Any tips of info will be of great help thanks

• Emma681Emma681 Posts: 218 New bride

I've been to Cuba in September and it was fabulous. It was hot and sunny for the most part - there were a few days where it got quite dark out over the water and there was thunder and lightening but it never lasted long and only rained a few times for 10 minutes or so. I'm sure you will be fine! xx

• Alina10Alina10 Posts: 1

Hello!

I am also getting married 31st August 2018 at playa pesquero in Cuba!

Me and my partner have been to resort twice and absolutely love it! They cannot do enough for you! They have a wedding coordinator and she looks after everything. You get a horse and carriage to take you to the orning which overlooks the sea. Its pure paradise. There is a hair dresser and nail technician on site.

My only thing to say keep in mind (this is from looking into it for us) is make sure you get your translations of the documents done and sent off in time. I think both Thomas cook and the hotel want them 10 weeks before the wedding.

The hotel has about 5 different restaurants that you can eat at once a week for free so the food variation is massive and there is also freshly made to order on there too.

One thing i found about the lovely cuban people is that nothing is ever done really in a set time. Everything is in "cuban" time as i call it which is basically it happens when it happens, they are not strict on deadlines.

Hope you have a great wedding! We leave 10th of September so as you come in we will be going out.

If you have any questions just post!

• SedaSeda Posts: 2

My tip is to find a cool destination wedding photographer. We found him for our big day. It was Denis Boyko from Punta Cana (http://boykophotography.com/

• SedaSeda Posts: 2

And also, I would recommend you to have photoshoot not just on your wedding day but before or after the wedding day and maybe during the honeymoon. You both will be more relaxed.

• Steph75Steph75 Posts: 3

Hi

we are set on Cuba for 2020 but trying to decide on which resort. We really want to go to Havana so varadero would be the closest option but the cayos and holguin also look amazing! How did you decide on your resort?

also I'm got some prices to work on from Thomson and Thomas cook because 2020 ones aren't available as yet and we want to give our small wedding party chance to save up but can any suggest any reputable online companies to look into?

we are are also pricing up the documents we need like the CNI £35pp, legalisation of birth certificate and passport approx £80 per document and translation of each document approx £30 but has anyone else already done this in the uk and can tell me what they paid for them?

good luck at playa it looks amazing x

• lara18lara18 Posts: 3
    Steph75 wrote (see post):

Hi

we are set on Cuba for 2020 but trying to decide on which resort. We really want to go to Havana so varadero would be the closest option but the cayos and holguin also look amazing! How did you decide on your resort?

also I'm got some prices to work on from Thomson and Thomas cook because 2020 ones aren't available as yet and we want to give our small wedding party chance to save up but can any suggest any reputable online companies to look into?

we are are also pricing up the documents we need like the CNI £35pp, legalisation of birth certificate and passport approx £80 per document and translation of each document approx £30 but has anyone else already done this in the uk and can tell me what they paid for them?

good luck at playa it looks amazing x

• Hi I am getting married at playa pesquero 3rd Oct 17. All we need to take is our birth certificates and passports obviously. Nothing else as we haven't been married before. Nothing needs to be legalised. The wedding coordinator emails regularly. She seems very nice. 

Lizzie 

• Laura-66Laura-66 Posts: 1

Hi 

we have booked Playa Pesquero Resort for our weddin. We are getting married 27th August this yea. Does anyone on here have the email address for the wedding planner as we have booked with Thomas Cook and they have not finalised anything xxx

• noe17xnoe17x Posts: 1 New bride
    Hi
    Does anyone have an email address for the wedding planner at Playa Pesquero Resort cuba. We was hoping to book a wedding package with Thomas Cook, but they have told us they are not doing wedding packages to cuba 2020 now xx