help !!

I get married this week to my lovely fiance 

before this we have booked a trip to las vegas in her made name of beard  

on her passport it says miss beard 

but with us getting married on Saturday will she have to get a new passport as she will be a miss ?

booked as miss beard and passport will be miss beard 

so will her name change automatically  to davies when we get married? 

also will they know she's a Mrs not miss so will this effect traveling in America 

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

I'm not an expert, but I understand that as long as the name on the passport and the name on the tickets match, there will be no difficulty in travelling.

Once she is home, she should apply for a change of name on her passport - she'll need a marriage certificate - and she will have to contact her bank, employer,  council, gas and electricity suppliers etc, driving licence people etc to change her name on those accounts - they usually require a copy of the marriage certificate so get a few copies on your wedding day.  It's usually cheaper to buy copies on the wedding day than later.

Have a wonderful trip!

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

I agree with Epiphany - if only it was as easy to change your name as you envisage! 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

You can keep your passport in your maiden name for as long as it has left on it - so up to 10 years if you want! As said above you just need to make sure ticket matches passport!

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Travelling with that passport is fine.  It's impossible to change a name on a passport in such little time I would imagine!

I never bothered changing mine as I had so many years left (obviously I changed things like driving license, insurance etc).

There is no such thing as an automatic name change, you need to physically notify everyone and send your marriage certificate off.

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,844 New bride

I assume her ESTA is also in her maiden name, right? It all needs to match- passport, ticket, esta.