Orlando Florida Wedding

Hello All 

We are looking at getting wed in Orlando Florida it will be a relatively intimate wedding with the max of 20 guests. Does anyone know of and venues that cater for intimate ceremonies with a lunch or evening reception too? or alternatively know of a company that will cater the wedding in the villa we will be staying at? Or even a villa stay where the weeding and reception can take place?

All I find on google searches are big lavish weddings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

<3 

• Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 334 New bride

My cousin got married a while ago in one of the Disney hotels.  Have you seen this website?  It has a few options: https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/escape/venues/ and even though it's Disney, it's not "in your face" Disney - I don't think Mickey will be doing the ceremony! Not sure how the licensing works out there with regards to getting married in a villa.

PS - I definitely think you need to take me with you  I'd happily do the photography for free 

• DMcGDMcG Posts: 23

We are getting married in Orlando in August 2018!

We are having our ceremony at Paradise Cove which is beautiful and great for intimate ceremonies, two of the larger used companies are elegant weddings of Orlando and sensational ceremonies who can both give you a great idea on where to go if you want a wedding outside of Disney. 

We are staying in Encore Reunion and the villa owner has allowed us to have a party there with the guests listed as staying in the villa, so we will be having our evening reception there with our guests in the villa. They go up to 13 bedrooms so we have managed to fit our 24 guests nicely. If you look at a copy such as top villas, they have loads of resorts and they will be able to contact the villa owner to see if they are happy for you to have a reception party there. Both of the owners we spoke to were more than happy with a $1000 refundable deposit which we kind of expected for such a large villa anyway, 

We are going for a meal at a restaurant following the ceremony, a lot of them have private rooms and they are geared up for Orlando brides! I have listed the restaurants the wedding company provided to me below as the ones booked most often:

Flemming's

Maggianos

Seasons 52

Capa

We've gathered a lot of information planning ours so far so if you need any info, let me know! 

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 722 New bride

Can't help with the venues but can urge you to check the best time of year to go before fixing a date. Florida my be known as the sunshine state but they do have a rainy season, we did a months road trip a couple of years ago in June throughout Florida and down to the keys and about 20 days had some sort of rain and at least 7 were tropical with storms and flash flooding

• stacey2007stacey2007 Posts: 2 New bride
    DMcG said:

We are getting married in Orlando in August 2018!

We are having our ceremony at Paradise Cove which is beautiful and great for intimate ceremonies, two of the larger used companies are elegant weddings of Orlando and sensational ceremonies who can both give you a great idea on where to go if you want a wedding outside of Disney. 

We are staying in Encore Reunion and the villa owner has allowed us to have a party there with the guests listed as staying in the villa, so we will be having our evening reception there with our guests in the villa. They go up to 13 bedrooms so we have managed to fit our 24 guests nicely. If you look at a copy such as top villas, they have loads of resorts and they will be able to contact the villa owner to see if they are happy for you to have a reception party there. Both of the owners we spoke to were more than happy with a $1000 refundable deposit which we kind of expected for such a large villa anyway, 

We are going for a meal at a restaurant following the ceremony, a lot of them have private rooms and they are geared up for Orlando brides! I have listed the restaurants the wedding company provided to me below as the ones booked most often:

Flemming's

Maggianos

Seasons 52

Capa

We've gathered a lot of information planning ours so far so if you need any info, let me know! 

Hi! I wondered if you could possibly help me please?! Were getting married at Paradise Cove in November 2019 but i'm having a nightmare arranging transport :'( 

We're having a ceremony only event at PC then over to a restaurant nearby for a meal afterwards. To hire a limo etc to cater for 16 guests means $700+ as ill have to book it for 7 hours! The main issue i have is finding something to transport from ceremony to restaurant (less than 1/2 mile away!).
    My plan is to hire a limo/mini bus from villa to PC then another from restaurant back to villa.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated xx