New York Wedding - UK Couple

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice regarding our New York wedding. We are a couple from Scotland and are getting married in Central Park in April 2018 (still quite some time away). We have our officiant and photographer organised and he is also arranging our marriage licence and permits for the park.

However, we are really struggling with finding somewhere for a meal/drinks afterwards. We estimate there to be about 30-35 of us and would like somewhere pretty relaxed and informal. Also we are unsure of the best way to get around i.e. travelling from Central Park to wherever we arrange our meal.

Our photographer also takes us away for an hour or 2 to get photos at all the usual tourist spots. Any suggestions on what we could plan for our guests during that time so they arent left wandering around the park for 2 hours (although I would be quite happy to do that if the sun was shining as theres so much to see).

We would be so grateful for any help/suggestions. 

Amz xx

• MissSMissS Posts: 267 New bride

Oooooh amazing! What kind of food were you after? The Tavern on the Green is lovely and that's in Central Park. I went to this amazing restaurant called Tao which is Pan Asian so maybe not what you're looking for for the actual day but id deff recommend it sometime on your trip! Your guests could do a horse and carriage ride? Or just make their way over to the bar/restaurant!

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Oh how exciting, Central Park is lovely. What about a bus tour for your guests with a guide? Are you on Wedding Wire? you may get more suggestions there as there's a lot of American ladies. 

• Hi I have just decided to go from NI to get married in new York, have u any advice or recommendations? Anything at all as I have just started all my research..