Is €1800 for a Wedding Band in Italy too much??

Hi!

I'm getting married in Rome, Sep 2018 and we have been quoted €1800 for a wedding band to do a 2.5 hour set after dinner.

Another quote came in at €3500!

Is this crazy money or just standard for Italian wedding bands?? It's been so hard finding anyone and now I've received these quotes, I think we might consider flying someone out!

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations :) xx

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 580 New bride

Depends on how many people are in the band? X

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

I'm not sure how Italian prices differ from UK ones but our band is £1860 for a 2 hour set.  They are a 6 piece.

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Have you had a look at FixTheMusic? There is a good selection on there - might be worth getting some more quotes as that sounds particularly expensive to me xx

• For a guide in prices also look at www.matrimonio.com it's an italian site for booking everything Musicians, Photographers etc and has a section with the prices etc

• I found bands to be pretty pricey in Italy! We found Guty & Simone though who were a little less than you've been quoted and were absolutely incredible on the day - I HIGHLY recommend them! 

https://www.facebook.com/GutyandSimoneItalianWeddingMusicians/

Every one of our guests said how good they were and although I (like you) thought italian prices for bands were high, we were really impressed with them and they were 100% worth every penny! They kept the dancefloor full from start to finish and learnt our first dance song for us :) xx

• Italy Bride 2017 wrote (see post):

I found bands to be pretty pricey in Italy! We found Guty & Simone though who were a little less than you've been quoted and were absolutely incredible on the day - I HIGHLY recommend them! 

https://www.facebook.com/GutyandSimoneItalianWeddingMusicians/

Every one of our guests said how good they were and although I (like you) thought italian prices for bands were high, we were really impressed with them and they were 100% worth every penny! They kept the dancefloor full from start to finish and learnt our first dance song for us :) xx

€1800 is for Guty e Simone! X

• Ah well I definitely recommend going for them :) We booked at start of last year so prices have probably increased but not by much... think we paid around €1500 ... did you get a quote direct or through an agency? xx

• nicole18nicole18 Posts: 163 New bride

Oh it is so pricey.. But if they are good, it's worth having them on your wedding day

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

Thats about right depending on size of tve band. We used the Boden Band who were amazing and had everyone up and dancing. We paid 1000€ for a 3 piece band but they can go right up to a 12 piece but you will pay more. They even learnt our first dance for us and tailored the evening to our musical likes.

Check them out on YouTube as that's how we found them.

Italians like cash in hand so we saved 300€ by asking. Don't forget you will also need an SIAE licence if the venue doesn't have one.

• My wedding planner went straight to them directly. 

Thanks for the cash in hand tip as well, it's definitely worth an ask!

Feel better about the quote now though! It's just so hard to know if you're getting taken advantage of or if it's just standard wedding prices. I think I would be just as confused if we had decided to get married in the UK!

We will need a DJ too for after the bands set so if anyone has any recommendations that would be great xx

• you won't need a separate dj As they come for all day 😊 They had set up before our meal, played background music during dinner, then as well as their 2 45min sets they also did dj services between and after- we literally had continuous music until half 1 in the morning!

id recommend contacting them directly yourself tbh it seems that maybe your planner is adding a little as a booking fee? X

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

Same here, we didn't need a DJ either. The band was the only thing our planner didn't organise for us, but she did  all the coordination once we had found what we wanted.

• Hi Charlotte338,

We have a number of wedding bands and dj's on our website. The site is free to use, and you can contact suppliers directly.

https://stylemyweddingitaly.com/suppliers/music-lighting-entertainment/

If there is anything we can help with, please get in touch.

Best Regards,

Alice

• JdotJJdotJ Posts: 196 New bride

No I don't think it's too pricey, you have to factor in how many band members there are, travel expenses, time getting to and from the venue, setting up time, then waiting around, then packing down etc... and getting back home. Most musicians only work weekends so have to earn a weekly wage from actually only working 2/3 days a week at most. 

If you hired someone from the UK and flew them out you'd be looking at more as you'd have to pay for their flights, hotel, transfers and probably 2 days worth of work as they more than likely wouldn't be able to work the next day. A lot of people forget it's a lot more than actually just the "2.5 hours" worth of performing. It's always worth looking around for better deals though :)

hope that helps a bit

Jx

• Janet48Janet48 Posts: 59 New bride

Have a look at The Prodigal Duo, based in Tuscany. Very reasonable rates as they are only a duo, but they were excellent at my sister's wedding earlier this year – the dance floor was packed all evening!

Good luck :)

• Have you tried "The Waistcoats" - https://www.thewaistcoats.com ? We had them in Tuscany and they were fantastic, but I know they're based in Rome so maybe they will be less as there should be no travel costs? Hope that helps - xx Claire

• Hello There,

we are based in Rome and we do not charge that much, we are 6 musicians but we can also play in 5 or 4 musicians. We have been in the wedding business for 10 years and we have done over 400 destination weddings. Please check our website and give us a call:
    www.theitalianweddingband.com

Thank you very much

• dear Charlotte, so wonderful for you to marry in Rome, such a fantastic venue!

You've already received many offers here, but If you're still looking for something elegant and powerful, please visit www.livesingers.it and ask us more details.

We would be glad to help you find the best solution.

Kind Regards

Emanuela

• GUTY & SIMONE PRICE!!!Hi guys!! Actually, Guty e Simone price is around €1500 and it's far more cost-effective since cover ALL your needs from dinner onwards: HERE'S WHAT YOU FIND SEARCHING ONLINE ABOUT:

In the dinner area we’ll set up a sound system + wireless microphone for background music and speeches;
    In the after dinner area we’ll set up our main sound system + instruments + disco lights + dj equipment for After Dinner Party Live music and DJ set;

Live music:
    We have a vast repertoire which covers all musical genres from the 50’s to present day including: Italian and International Pop, 70’s-80’s Disco, Latin, Rhythm and Blues, Ratpack/Swing, Rock, Reggae, Country and Folk etc.
    Furthermore, over the years we have expanded our repertoire to include the songs that are often the most requested by newlyweds from Ireland, UK, USA, Australia, Germany and Holland etc

DJ set:
    To ensure that the party is even more enticing, in addition to live performance, we also offer a DJ service where we can mix requested songs in true DJ style. All requests from newlyweds or guests are granted instantly, including more modern genres such as R&B, Hip Hop, EDM as well as the latest chart hits. This means that there are no breaks and the music doesn’t stop until the end of the evening.

WE CAN ALSO PROVIDE MUSIC FOR CEREMONY AND APERITIFS just contct us!!

WEBSITE https://www.gutyesimone.it/en/    

Video live and testimonials: http://www.gutyesimone.it/en/video-live-and-testimonials.html

Reviews from Weddingwire: https://goo.gl/NBkJtw
    Reviews from Tripadvisor: http://goo.gl/1oOrwg

• giulio.laroveregiulio.larovere Posts: 1
    edited 7 August
    Dear Charlotte,

I hope everything went good at your event and the band was not expensive but great anyway!

I wrote this comment for the future couples that wants to get married in Italy.

- Let's consider that you hire a 5 members band in UK for 1000€ to play at your wedding. 
    - Add 5 airplane tickets for the people + cost to transport instruments ox extra baggages let's stay low and say 1000€ (200€/each x 5 people back and forth)
    - Add the costs for SERVICE AUDIO (the band will not travel with full drum set, speakers, stage monitors and so on and on) and you will have to pay them locally. Let's say 1500€

Makes 3500€

- Add lights
    - Add overnight for 5 people. 

As you can see, I didn't mention professional musicians or not, or music hi quality or not.

Playing in a 2h live gig in a venue is different than playing at a wedding... in a normal venue, the band arrives 2h before the gig, performs sound check, eat dinner etc. etc.
    At a wedding, everything must be ready and checked before the event starts... let's say 4.30PM... means arriving at 1.30 PM and, then, waiting until 10 or 11PM to perform until 1AM. (couples don't love to see people assembling the live area and perform the sound check DURING wedding reception... I can understand them)

I hope that my answer can help clarifying some point of view to you and to future couples.

Someone said "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!" I would add... not always, but sometimes.

Cheers
    Giulio
    www.giuliolarovere.com