Forum home Weddings abroad

Someone please help me with wedding abroad!!!

Hi all,

i am am currently trying to find a destination for my impending nuptials, (2019/2020) not decided yet!

i am so overwhelmed by everything that I seem to be swimming without a float at the moment!!

i have contacted a couple of webpages with wedding planners and I'm even more confused!!

all I want is a wedding/hotel package that isn't crazy expensive, somewhere in Europe... I keep coming back to Greece And ideally would like a beach wedding 

Please please if if anyone can advise anything get in touch. Thank you 

k x

• CaraHicks2bCaraHicks2b Posts: 461

have you considered a beach wedding in the uk.

Im getting married in the gallivant in rye. it's beautifu.

goid luck with your search.

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

Galu Seaside in Larnaca, Cyprus

• A15A15 Posts: 8

We had a nightmare trying to pick a location! All the rules around destination weddings, the different laws in each country, some hotels want all your guests to stay at the venue for the package to be granted etc etc it really is tough!! 

We eventually settled on Gibraltar, with it being a British colony it has made life so much easier! And they have a lot to offer for weddings. We are using a local wedding planner and I cant recommend this enough, especially if they will manage the legal side for you. 

My biggest piece of advice is find a location that you fall in love with, the hard work doesn't seem so bad then :) x

• Emma681Emma681 Posts: 218 New bride

I am completely biased, but would totally recommend Croatia... you can get married anywhere there (including outdoors and beaches), they have no long residence requirements, and the marriage is legal back home. 

We used a local wedding planner.