Forum home Weddings abroad

Cyprus dream weddings

I want to share my experience with Cyprus dream weddings which was quite positive but there is a big BUT. Our wedding coordinator was very helpful , replying promptly through emails, she was very helpful, making venue look stunning and borrowing us few items for the venue. The food was excellent (we got married at Ellia golf club in October 2016), the DJ and the whole day was planned out and organised thanks to the coordinator , was happy with my hair and make up. 
However, sadly enough there were things we weren't happy with;
the photos were unedited! As you know photos are a big part of the day, i didn't find photographer to be professional , as he didn't suggest any poses , there were only couple of pictures of the bride and non from the back to show how beautiful dress was, no pictures of me putting dress on on the morning of my big day. I had photoshoots in the past in U.K. And I had certain expectations which were not met. The album we were presented with looked like a scrap book, with just photos glued to it, they used some pictures with eyes closed , many pictures had no focus or were too dark. You get pictured straight away , literally next day, so that explains it. No time or effort was put into editing pictures or making them look like wedding photos. 
The video was 2.5hrs long. Also unedited. Once again I felt let down. We also paid extra for camera man and photographer time. And it was the same person doing two jobs!
so upon our return to uk felt sad and let down, we had to pay someone to edit pictures , we edited video ourselves. also had to pay for another album which took a while as he  had to make it right what Cyprus dream weddings failed to do. 
I would say yes, I was happy on the day, beautuful venue and I know weddings coordinator tried. However photos and videos are a big thing that wedding planners cannot and should not budget on! Till this day I think how much I have missed out on nice and professional photos. when we confronted Cyprus dream weddings they did nothing to resolve the matter and refused anuy compensations so we had to spend extra which we did not budget on. 
If you do go with them I would advise to do your own research and find your own photographer and videographer. 

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

OOOOO Thanks for sharing this.

We have booked CDW for our wedding next October and have found them to be amazing so far. Did you use the photographer they suggested? I'm wondering perhaps if I should ask for details of the photographer so I can look at their previous work? Or consider booking my own photographer?

Hope you still had an amazing day and that your guests managed to get some pictures that you are happy with?

xxx

• hi karina.

would you be able to let me know what photographer you used so I can avoid them please? I’ve also booked my wedding with Cyprus Dream Weddings. 

I hope you managed to get some nice photos after they were edited back home xx