Forum home Weddings abroad

Dubrovnik wedding

Hiya we are getting married in Dubrovnik Croatia in July 2018 At the grand villa Argentina 

we have booked through perfect weddings abroad and you don't get to speak to the wedding coordinator until 3 months before the wedding!!!

am i Mad in thinking I need to get things sorted before this? Any tips on flowers/photographers/music and everything else appreciated!! 

• Sounds gorgeous!

But yes definitely don't think you're mad for thinking that. Have they said you get to chose suppliers or do they have a set they use?

Would probably be worth emailing them with your concerns if you haven't already.

It will be incredible and Dubrovnik is so beautiful. Congratulations!

• Emma681Emma681 Posts: 218 New bride

We got married in Dubrovnik in May this year... we used a local planner and they were with us throughout our 2 years of planning.

I would say you definitely need to speak to them before then. By the time we were 3 months away all of the important details of our wedding were planned and we were safe in the knowledge that our planner had everything in hand. All we had to think about at that stage was getting all our documents there on time... which is stressful enough in itself. 

There are so many fabulous local planners, I am surprised you didn't book directly with one of them. In Croatia, the local knowledge is essential and it's very much "who you know" that gets you everywhere... 

• Hi! we are getting married at grand villa argentina this september! (can't wait!)

I am a little confused as to what you mean by the wedding coordinator? is that GVA's wedding coordinator? weird

Our wedding planner has said nothing about that and has in fact been in talks with them eg changing set menus, babysitting options.

our wedding planner has also just been told by GVA that we can't have the pre-drinks at the Lounge Bar (front of villa orsula) because villa orsula has been complaining about noise, so they have to be moved to some roof top bar? :(

Anyway, I don't think your mad! I hope you have since heard from them! :)