Forum home Weddings abroad

Portugal villa weddings?

Hi all,

im wondering if anyone had, had or has planned a villa wedding ceremony in portugal and what these generally include?

i love Portugal and would love to get married there next year 2018 (September) time.

we have spoke with different planners but wanting some personal experience.

we want a civil ceremony (non religious) something nice but not big (around 20-25 guests) with a reception afterwards for a meal for all guests.

can anyone help or give some person experience on this? Or on any places in Algarve?

thanks

Sophie xx

• Not planning our wedding their but on Thursday my fiancé and I are off to a friend's wedding in the Algarve, at Dunas Douradas beach club. They're getting married on the beach and then  we're going to the beach club restaurant for the meal. It's been very cheap for us as guests too as we're sharing villas and looks lovely From pics! I'll be able to update more after we've been too :) 

• Just got back, I can definitely recommend Dunas Douradas beach club in the Algarve. This is from a guest's point of view but it was all so stunning. Wedding ceremony was on the beach and meal and reception in the hotel restaurant, which is partly outside and full of fairy lights. The villas there are gorgeous too, the whole resort is right on the beach and has two lovely outdoor pools and one indoor with jacuzzi/sauna etc. My understanding is that you do have to do the legal bit back at home, but otherwise it was just like any other wedding ceremony, but in a beautiful setting! Hope this helps :) 

•  Hei :)

you wedding plan sounds so great. Maybe, you like me to photograph your wedding. I am in september in Portugal. If it fits in my portfolio, I can photograph it very cheap, because I really love that region and a wedding there would make me very happy.

Here are some photos of mine:

https://www.instagram.com/weltfarben_fotografie/

Greetings, Annika