Wedding in Italy!

Hi everyone,

I got engaged on the amalfi coast last weekend and would love to have our wedding there although we have a tight budget and some of the venues we have looked up seem to be a bit more than we are looking to spend on food as I have a few extremely fussy people on the guest list and I can't stomach the thought of spending €130+ to be wasted.

Does anyone have any recommendations for venues either on the amalfi coast or sorrento?? 

Also open to any recommendations of venues in other parts of Italy! We are looking at approx 60 guests and 5 children for the wedding.

also would you recommend finding A wedding planner or try to do ourselves? If so some recommendations for wedding planners and rough guide on how much we are looking at paying for them.

thank you in advance 

charlotte 😁

• MrsT2017MrsT2017 Posts: 224 New bride

L

• MrsT2017 wrote (see post):

Ahhhh congratulations I can only imagine how perfect an amalfi coast engagement was! We got engaged in Lake Como and went back there to get married in a September, it was at Villa Cipressi in Varenna and I cannot reccomend the place enough to anybody looking to get married in Italy! It was unreal, the views, the food, the staff!! 

We used Loretta from romeo and Juliet weddings, they do weddings all over Italy but are based in Milan! She was brilliant, everything was done so perfectly on the day! I think we paid around 2,500 euros for her but that included my flowers and grooms buttonhole, 2 hours photography, translator at the ceremony, legal paperwork etc they cater to all budgets so look them up on google! X

That Looks incredible!!!! Just the type of venue we are looki. Did. Will have a look thank you! Was the menu quite reasonable? 

• MrsT2017MrsT2017 Posts: 224 New bride

The food was amazing and plenty choice, my MIL is the fussiest person ever, doesn’t like pizza or pasta ( hello we’re in Italy! ) but even she enjoyed it. It was something like 7 courses but it included wine and a wedding cake (delicious!) we never ran out of food or wine it just kept coming! Honestly couldn’t recommend the place more to anybody we had a fairytale day xx

• Hello, 

I'd be really interested to hear the costs too, hope you don't mind.

We got engaged two weeks ago and have already booked the ceremony in Cloisters, now looking for reception venues.

Kind regards

Leanne

• Hi Charlotte381

Congratulations, I stayed at the Grand Hotel Due Golfi, they do Weddings and have heir own planner as well. The are based in the Sant Agata area about 20 mins from sorrento, they have a website if you want to check them out xxx

• Hi All 

We are getting married in Atrani next September as I'm half Italian and my father was born in Amalfi.

We are using Hotel Club due Torri in Maiori which has stunning views of the coastline and the top floor has recently been refurbished. We have around the same amount of guests and children coming to ours and the venue owner is very flexible and accommodating with food etc. Also we didn't need to pay a penny upfront as my cousin is a wedding planner her name is Claudia Ruocco and her company name is Costa Diva tours as she also looks after trips all over the Amalfi Coast. 

If you do get in contact with her let her know I recommended her to you. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!?

From Daniela 

• MrsT2017 wrote (see post):

The food was amazing and plenty choice, my MIL is the fussiest person ever, doesn’t like pizza or pasta ( hello we’re in Italy! ) but even she enjoyed it. It was something like 7 courses but it included wine and a wedding cake (delicious!) we never ran out of food or wine it just kept coming! Honestly couldn’t recommend the place more to anybody we had a fairytale day xx

Thank you!!! Sounds perfect cxx 

• italiangirl1 wrote (see post):

Hi All 

We are getting married in Atrani next September as I'm half Italian and my father was born in Amalfi.

We are using Hotel Club due Torri in Maiori which has stunning views of the coastline and the top floor has recently been refurbished. We have around the same amount of guests and children coming to ours and the venue owner is very flexible and accommodating with food etc. Also we didn't need to pay a penny upfront as my cousin is a wedding planner her name is Claudia Ruocco and her company name is Costa Diva tours as she also looks after trips all over the Amalfi Coast. 

If you do get in contact with her let her know I recommended her to you. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!?

From Daniela 

hi Daniela!

thanks so much will have a look into that!! Will check out your cousin thanks!!

x

• Danielle220 wrote (see post):

Hi Charlotte381

Congratulations, I stayed at the Grand Hotel Due Golfi, they do Weddings and have heir own planner as well. The are based in the Sant Agata area about 20 mins from sorrento, they have a website if you want to check them out xxx

Great thank you so much xxx 

• Leanne140 wrote (see post):

Hello, 

We got engaged two weeks ago and have already booked the ceremony in Cloisters, now looking for reception venues.

Kind regards

Leanne

Hi Leanne!

did you book the cloisters direct or did you use a planner etc to book as being quoted ridiculous amounts to book Etc x

• Hi Charlotte,
    Congratulations to your engagement! Amalfi Coast is my favourite place in the world! I return there every year and last September I was lucky to photograph wedding over there, in Positano. The wedding was in hotel Marincanto, and the view was unbelievable! I am not sure about prices,but know that grooms sister planned it all and it was perfect and she did it all on her own so iam sure you could too. If you haven't got a wedding photographer yet, i would be very happy to go back again and photograph your wedding. Here is the photo-essay link from Positano wedding i did recently. I only do documentary style of photography which means you i will capture your day as it happens without you having to pose every minute. 
    https://dolinskaweddings.pixieset.com/amalficoastweddingpositano/
    If you like what you see and you would like to have a chat, please feel free to drop me a line Charlotte :) 
    Radka
    Charlotte381 wrote (see post):

Hi everyone,

I got engaged on the amalfi coast last weekend and would love to have our wedding there although we have a tight budget and some of the venues we have looked up seem to be a bit more than we are looking to spend on food as I have a few extremely fussy people on the guest list and I can't stomach the thought of spending €130+ to be wasted.

Does anyone have any recommendations for venues either on the amalfi coast or sorrento?? 

Also open to any recommendations of venues in other parts of Italy! We are looking at approx 60 guests and 5 children for the wedding.

also would you recommend finding A wedding planner or try to do ourselves? If so some recommendations for wedding planners and rough guide on how much we are looking at paying for them.

thank you in advance 

charlotte 😁

• Dear Charlotte,

congrats for your engagement!! Planning the wedding abroad is tricky. Me, I'm going to marry in Umbria, which is a little less expensive than Amalfi coast.

I'm doing everything by myself cause I'm half Italian and it's easier for me. For the moment we booked the location http://www.sanfaustinoresort.com and the photographer www.alessandrapezzati.it

I love the place and we will spend 80 euro per person for the dinner. The photographer just asked 900 euro for the entire day, so we're very happy!

Good luck with your research :) 

• Charlotte381 wrote (see post):
    Leanne140 wrote (see post):

Hello, 

Kind regards

Leanne

Hi Leanne!

did you book the cloisters direct or did you use a planner etc to book as being quoted ridiculous amounts to book Etc x

Hello, 

I booked via a wedding planner, but I found the date myself by phoning the town hall.  You can book directly if you like, but we will need help with the translations and venue sourcing as well as makeup, etc so thought easier x