Greek wedding

Hello Y&YW 

This is my first post! Its finally time to start planning but the travel agents don't agree, and I don't have a clue where to begin.   We are looking at May 2019 but that's not for definite... I really like the look of Halkidiki and I'm unsure weather to go with a travel agent or an online wedding planner? my brain is fried! I always go off track and end up looking at the other islands  there's so many beautiful places in Greece.  Were not 100% fixed on Halkidiki it just definitely has to be Greece. there will be around 25-30 guests including around 9 children so the hotel we stay in has to be child friendly e.g kids club water park ect... I need as much help as i can get!!!

I look forward to hearing from you all,

One very confused bride to be! 

P.s... Is anyone willing to share what they have paid for their Greek wedding? I'm not sure if our budget is realistic enough, or is that out of the question? I dont know the rules I'm new here 

• nicole18nicole18 Posts: 163 New bride

Hi 

We got married in Santorini and we tailored a budget for our wedding.In my opinion it is much better booking with a planner rather than with a travel agent, as planners are more experienced .

Halkidiki looks beautiful for a beach wedding.

• Hello nicole,

Santorini looks beautiful, but also seems expensive. I've heard people having a lot of trouble with travel agents so its putting me off. Can i ask what planner you used please? 

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

Hiya I got married in Rhodes In 2016 I used a wedding planner, definitely the best thing to do they care more if you get me, we had 62 guests and our wedding including the 18 night all inclusive upgrade cost 7000, that ceremony and reception with sit down meal then dj x

• MrsMannion wrote (see post):

Hiya I got married in Rhodes In 2016 I used a wedding planner, definitely the best thing to do they care more if you get me, we had 62 guests and our wedding including the 18 night all inclusive upgrade cost 7000, that ceremony and reception with sit down meal then dj x

Hello Mrs Mannion, that sounds perfect! Do you mind me asking what planner you used? There are so many to choose from. Also where did you have your wedding and reception? Where they on a beach or at a hotel? Just looking for as many ideas as i can get. 

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

Hiya

I used unforgettable Rhodes, I got married up at a place called filerimos it was up at a high point the views were amazing then had our reception at the shearton again by the beach but views were lovely and the sunset was unbelievable x