Forum home Weddings abroad

Spain - language issues when planning?

I have only been to Spain a few times but we were considering Marbella as a destination given that it is easy to get there for everyone and we have good memories of the time we were there. Any advice on the language barrier? should we be hiring an agent or does everyone (florists, venues, cars, etc.) pretty much speak english?

• lali2lali2 Posts: 11

Hello

I am a wedding planner , base in Malaga  please have a look to our website to get some ideas: 

Thanks

www.oceanweddingsspain.com

Lali Prada

• MayTMayT Posts: 7

many thanks - we may be in touch when the time comes! 

when do things (hotels etc) start to get really expensive in the summer? 

MayT wrote (see post):

many thanks - we may be in touch when the time comes! 

when do things (hotels etc) start to get really expensive in the summer? 

Hi 

Around mid July- to the end of August

Thanks 

Lali Prada

MayT wrote (see post):

I have only been to Spain a few times but we were considering Marbella as a destination given that it is easy to get there for everyone and we have good memories of the time we were there. Any advice on the language barrier? should we be hiring an agent or does everyone (florists, venues, cars, etc.) pretty much speak english?

Regarding the language that is why we are here and offer our services to take the pressure away.  If you go independently you may be charged a higher rate than using a planner who has reliable  source of contacts. Please feel free to email me  [email protected]  and I can answer any questions regarding the wedding venues, hotels, transport and travel arrangements.

Regards,

Lali Prada