Forum home Weddings abroad

Las Vegas wedding September 2018

Hi I'm new to this forum,

Me and my partner are going to Las Vegas next year to get married at the Tropicana. Just a small wedding with about 12 people including us!

I've been doing lots of research and I'm aware we have to get a marriage license before the ceremony but does anyone know if you have to be in the country so many days before you can have the ceremony or obtain a licence? I can't find anywhere online that states that but a few people have said to me about it so I'm unsure. 

Also if anyone could recommend a decent restaurant for our reception. Nothing overly expensive but something with lots of menu options and reasonably priced.

Many thanks x

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

Hi Becki, I am also getting married in Vegas and there’s another Vegas bride here. We are getting married on a Monday and fly out from the UK on the Thursday before. I believe you can apply online for the marriage licence which saves time when you arrive to pick it up. I haven’t spoken to my wedding co-ordinator about this yet though. Are you going to write a planning thread? Have you bought your dress yet? 

Theres a couple of FB groups for Vegas weddings and they would know for sure about the licence.

• Thanks for your reply, I just read some your thread sounds amazing! Sounds like you have alot of your planning all under control 😊 

I'm along way off being that organised lol we are having reception back home too so I have so much plan and at the minute have no idea where to start, thought starting with the Vegas side will be easiest (and more exciting)

I'm glad the wedding co-coordinator is so helpful out there, seems pretty easy going. 

I'm just waiting for my mum to get back off holiday so we can go dress shopping! This week I'm planning on asking my bridesmaids so that they can come along too.

I will check out Facebook thank you!

I'm glad there's a couple more Vegas brides on here 😊

Yes the Vegas part will be exciting planning and dress shopping is very exciting. In regards of a restaurant for a meal, I’ve seen Maggianos recommended quite a lot. I haven’t started looking for a restaurant yet, I think there will be 10 of us max and that includes us. Guess I need to start looking for that part and I can book as soon as numbers are confirmed.