Forum home Weddings abroad

Talk to me about your Croatian wedding

Newly engaged and beginning to explore my options.

I have always had my heart set on two wedding venues but after realising they both come with a £7000 venue hire fee before any food or drink, and with a growing guest list, I quickly realised it wouldn't quite work.

We are exploring other local options (Scotland) but more and more I've been drawn to a wedding in Dubrovnik. We've never been but I've always wanted to go and some of the images are to die for.

I've been in touch with a few planners and have rough quotes but ideally I'd like to hear from others first hand about their experiences: where did you get married; did you use a planner and if so who; supplier and meal recommendations and so on?

Also, without being tol cheeky, could you tell me how much the Croatian part cost, roughly, and what was included? Not costs for dresses, suits etc just any elements used over there.

Thanks x

• Emma681Emma681 Posts: 218 New bride

My wedding report is on here... the title is “Pearl of the Adriatic”. We got married in May this year, and our planner delivered exactly what we wanted. If you want any more information than is in my report, feel free to send me a message :-) 

Congratulations on your engagement! x

• Kim155Kim155 Posts: 4 New bride

Hi, if you would like to explore the option of getting married in Croatia (even if you don;t want to use a wedding planner) come and discover all that the country can offer and meet the team from Dreamtime Events Croatia at their premiere cocktail reception in London on Thursday 15th February 2018.

As a bonus for attending on the night you will be in the running to WIN a 3 night TRIP to Croatia plus many other incredible prices. 

To find out more and REGISTER TO ATTEND THE EVENT see the following page - https://www.weddingsabroadguide.com/win-a-trip-to-croatia.html