Wedding Insurance

Hey

I am starting to get more involved in planning only 4 months left, I was looking at wedding insurance and was wondering if is it essential for a wedding abroad?

Any advice would be much appreciated x

• I took out wedding insurance for our destination wedding, we are having legal ceremony in uk, so for the reception in Sicily not everything is covered, for example clothes aren't covered (although this is covered under travel insurance) but all the suppliers are covered.  I went with debenhams but lots of over providers cover destination weddings

• Julia101Julia101 Posts: 162 New bride

I bought wedding insurance as soon as we started putting deposits down. Like holiday insurance it will then cover you up until the day of the wedding, so I would consider getting some asap if I were you... For example if you (or your partner or one of your close family) were to fall ill, however unlikely, and you had to cancel or rearrange the wedding without insurance you would not be covered for any of the costs involved, I presume you would also need health insurance coverage for abroad also unless you have this as part of a bank account package or such like. Sorry if this all sounds obvious but I certainly wouldn't risk going without. You can also sometimes claim back if someone lets you down on the day/dress goes missing etc!  The first thing our photographer asked us actually was whether we had insurance yet. 

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

I would say it's essential for a wedding anywhere, just brings you that peace of mind