Forum home Weddings abroad

Cameo Island Ceremony and Reception

Hi, we are looking to get married in 2020 on Cameo Island and have found lots of information and costs on the ceremony but just wondering if anyone has had full day and reception on the island? we would love to have our reception there too and just wondering on costs?

Thanks 

• Hi, 

ive booked for Cameo next year, our wedding planner advised against holding the reception there, saying it’s really basic - we still wanted to go ahead but she has convinced us to go elsewhere ( in every email she told us this which put us off!!!!)

we have since booked a nearby resturant , which she recommended 

Have you got a wedding planner?

ours is Alexandras dream weddings, have a look on her website - the prices are very reasonable !!!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,954 New bride

I'm not getting married there but have been to Laganas about 10 times as my uncle lived there for years. Cameo island is very basic tbh. The best restaurant in Laganas in my opinion is X-Paradiso which is  on the beach front  facing the sea not too far from the wooden walkway. They have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/X-Paradiso-312491958812577/

• Clare194Clare194 Posts: 4
    Alison147 wrote (see post):

Hi, 

ive booked for Cameo next year, our wedding planner advised against holding the reception there, saying it’s really basic - we still wanted to go ahead but she has convinced us to go elsewhere ( in every email she told us this which put us off!!!!)

we have since booked a nearby resturant , which she recommended 

Have you got a wedding planner?

ours is Alexandras dream weddings, have a look on her website - the prices are very reasonable !!!

Oh really. I have seen lots of receptions there which look amazing but you wonder how much is for the pictures then don’t you. Thank you for info definitely worth thinking about. I do have a few places which I am also considering for the reception so will keep this in mind thank you .

yes we have wedding planner Zante Weddings are using them through several friend recommendations. 

thank you 👍🏻😃xxx

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I'm not getting married there but have been to Laganas about 10 times as my uncle lived there for years. Cameo island is very basic tbh. The best restaurant in Laganas in my opinion is X-Paradiso which is  on the beach front  facing the sea not too far from the wooden walkway. They have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/X-Paradiso-312491958812577/

Brilliant thank you I will have a look at this now. 

Thanks 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,954 New bride
    Clare194 wrote (see post):
    MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Brilliant thank you I will have a look at this now. 

Thanks 

No probs! Nikos who owns it is fab too, a real character! 

I'm so jealous, I really wanted to get married in Zante but 2 out of 3 sets of parents wouldn't have come so a UK wedding it is!

• Has anyone looked at utopia restaurant in Argassi? We’re looking to book Cameo island  with Zante Weddings but not sure on venues. Thanks  

Louise403 wrote (see post):

Has anyone looked at utopia restaurant in Argassi? We’re looking to book Cameo island  with Zante Weddings but not sure on venues. Thanks  

I have looked at Utopia but only very briefly. We are now booking Cameo for the ceramony and vezalis beach for the reception.

When I contacted my wedding planner she sent us Lots of ideas on venues so if you let your planner know they send you loads but just google venues nearby and there are loads of amazing places. So hard to choose ha. 

Good luck 👍🏻😁