HELP!! 10,000 BUDGET BUT LIMITED VENUE OPTIONS IN PORTUGAL

Hi all!

Just looking for some venue advice. I feel like were quite flexible with our ideas but really struggling to find nice venues within our budget of 10,000GBP. Been searching for weeks and contacted 2 wedding planners who have given us very limited venue options, and majority of them over budget anyway!

Ideally sea view but again were flexible. Around 40-50 guests but can be tweaked. Relaxed meal pref BBQ style so no sit down 4course. April/May 2019 dependant on availability.

Surely there are packages and venues out there that can host our wedding for less than 10G?

HELP PLEASEEEE :)

• Megan93Megan93 Posts: 3

Hello,

I am getting married in Portugal next June and I was also surprised at the overall cost however you do get a lot more included for your money.

We have chose to get married at GRSE (Grande Real Santa Eulalia) they have a minimum spend depending on date.

We looked at Monte Amarelo which is a marquee in nice gardens and that was very reasonable.

Alternatively you could look for a villa to hold the wedding.  There are some great caterers available which seem reasonable.

We ended up with GRSE due to great reviews and the sea view! Going out next month to see it and I cant wait.

Happy to chat through anything you need.  There is also a facebook, Help! I am getting married in Portugal which is quite active

• Beatrice25Beatrice25 Posts: 100 New bride

Hey,

I'm getting married in Portugal in June 2019! Our wedding planners are Glamour Weddings and they have been incredibly helpful so far. We also spoke to Sonho a Dois (something like that) who were also lovely but we just decided to go with Glamour.

We're getting married at Suites Alba and we don't have a 'set' package but I've told our wedding planners our wedding budget (which is also 10K) and so far everything is coming together. You don't pay for the venue there unless its under a certain amount of adults and then if you do its only €450. The most expensive bit is the food which we're doing a BBQ but there will be a buffet type starter and dessert and all drinks included until the evening for 60 people.

Happy to talk more if you need more help as its very overwhelming trying to find things! x

• MrsEd2018MrsEd2018 Posts: 12

Hey @beatrice25 - we are alos getting married at Suites Alba but in August 2018 - argh - not long now. We are also using Glamour :) - they are fab - Just wanted to say hi anyway..x

Suites Alba are very reasonable as there's no venue hire so definitely worth checking out Charlotte. 

• Beatrice25Beatrice25 Posts: 100 New bride
    MrsEd2018 wrote (see post):

Hey @beatrice25 - we are alos getting married at Suites Alba but in August 2018 - argh - not long now. We are also using Glamour :) - they are fab - Just wanted to say hi anyway..x

Suites Alba are very reasonable as there's no venue hire so definitely worth checking out Charlotte. 

Hi @MrsEd2018 ! Nice to meet another Suites Alba 2019 bride :) how far have you got with planning? I'd love to know more about your day I'm getting so excited haha x

• Hi, I'm also getting married in Suites Alba in September. The costs depend on what you chose really we have costs down as we are having very little decor and just a lot of sangria rather than wine and cocktails. 

A couple of others we looked at were Quinta Bonita and Vivenda Miranda and there is also a vineyard that we debated on, Quinta Dos Vales. It's not see view but gorg. Can't remember costs for that one thouh. 

We are using Sonho A Dois as our wedding planner and Marisa is fantastic. 😀 x

• I'm currently looking at Suites Alba for our 2020 wedding but starting to worry about brexit and impact on currency, flights, etc. Anyone else worried about this?