Italy town hall booking concerns

Hey,

I'm new to this and I'm hoping that someone can help me feel a bit more relaxed about this. We've been engaged for two months and decided that italy is perfect for us. We are hoping to be getting married August 13th 2019.

We are having a very relaxed wedding and I am sorting most of it myself. We only needed a wedding planner for the town hall civil service and photographer.

We've finally found a wedding planner but I'm getting concerned as she has said that we won't actually get our wedding date in the town hall 3-6 months before hand! We would really like our chosen date but would be flexible if needs be. She is trying to contact city hall but the person who sorts this is away on holiday for a couple of weeks.

The one thing I'm concerned about is booking everything else and then finding out that we won't get any of our dates. Our guests are only going to be in Italy for 4 days and I'm starting to get anxious about losing a lot of money or something going wrong.

Has anyone else been through this or any advice?

Thank you!

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

We are getting married in May and can’t confirm the registrar from the local town hall until January. That’s in Tuscany, I’m not sure if it differs across Italy, maybe have your planners check if they could apply in January? Our planners seem pretty relaxed about it - they know how it works after all - and say they’ve never had an issue getting the date and even the time they want for the ceremony. I would have thought you might need to be a little flexible on time but try to trust the experts. Italians are very verrrry laid back - we aren’t doing our caterers or photographers until October which is only seven months out. I’d be having a breakdown if it was that close in the U.K. but they just tend to work more like that. I’m sure you’ll be fine!

• Hi Jessica,

I see your concerns, but you shouldn't worry if you have taken a good wedding planner. The town hall usually don't book weddings no more than 6 months before the date, so you have to wait a little bit for your date. One thing I suggest you to change, though, is August: it's very very hot in Italy if you don't choose a mountain location.

Tuscany now is around 37°C... 

I got married in Sorrento last year in May and it was perfect weather and temperature. September also is very nice. 

If you need a photographer, I suggest you mine who was very romantic and sweet during all event. She's a great talent! Alessandra Pezzati www.alessandrapezzati.it 

Have a lovely day,

Sara