Thomas cook/TUI weddings for large families cyprus

myself and my partner have recently cancelled the wedding we had booked to do what we originally wanted to go abroad.

We are looking at Cyprus and finding Thomas cook and TUI are working out cheaper for us than an independent wedding planner.  We are wanting to keep on a budget because we also have three Children. 

Has anyone got married in Cyprus with Thomas cook or TUI and needed to accommodate a larger than average family? And which hotel did you use. Most of our family and friends are also in the same predicament with at least 3 children so we would need to cater for them as well as us.

also we are looking at 2021 is it roughly 2 years for when they release the dates? 

Thanks

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,072 New bride

Best thing you can do is pop into a branch and chat it through with them.

• We got married in Mexico through thomas cook in June this year.We booked in December 2016 for June 2018.

With Thomas Cook you book in 2 parts, because its essentially a holiday you are booking with them. You then have to call their weddings department and add the wedding on. They charge £50 admin fee and that's added to the cost of the holiday

When you call them they will ask for your 1st 2nd and 3rd choice wedding date. They book the wedding package for you but you will have to wait for confirmation on your chosen wedding date. I was told 4 weeks but they confirmed our 1st choice in 2. They have to go through the resort you want to get married at. With Cyprus it may be a bit different if you don't want to get married in the resort but a church instead.

Some venues also offer free wedding packages and the more guests you have booked through the same provider you get insentives like cocktail receptions for 2 hours and so on.

We booked ours online and on the phone as Thomas cook don't have a store that we can easily get to. If you do that's great but if you want to go to a store and Talk to someone and you don't live near a Thomas cook then Tui is your best bet. Some of our family flew out with tui Tui to mexico and they said they were really good.

I hope this helps x