cyprus wedding 2020 HELP!!!

So I'm planning to get married in cyprus (paphos side) in September 2020. I don't even know where to start!

I have looked in to venues and such and i think ill be opting for a hotel wedding and reception.

If any one could help me with the following id really appreciate it :)

How much is the whole lot like to come to? i mean legalities, venue,food the lot!?

Am i expected to pay for family to attend?

is it worth booking in a whole package or booking everything separatly?

is there a company that deals with the flights and accommodation for family and friends?

Any help would be appreciated.

HELP!

• You would be best off hiring a local planner.  I don't think I've seen a brides on here (or know of any personally) that have planned a full-scale wedding abroad w/o one.  This person will be knowledgeable and able to source reputable local suppliers, assist you with understanding any applicable laws, and take care of all of the little details you won't be able to tend to personally.

As far as costs, many hotels in in the Med area offer package deals - one price, lots of things included. Some even include things like the cake and some flowers. 

You are not obligated to cover the costs of your guests travel. If you can afford to do so - i.e. for parents - it's a nice gesture, but not required. Keep in mind though, that a wedding abroad may exclude some guests based on cost (and there are other factors as well, such as pregnancy, poor health, uni exams, etc.)

• Hi!

I am getting married in Cyprus in September 2020 and have used a fantastic company called Cyprus Dream weddings. You have your own wedding planner that will help you with a lot of things.  They help organise all the legal side as well. You should look at their website for venues and prices. They have a great variety and the staff are very helpful.

• Lisa429Lisa429 Posts: 16 New bride

Hiya I'm getting married in paphos in sept 2019 and I've planned it all on my own. I found I wanted to be in control of it and I enjoy planning things , so why not plan my own wedding :):) 

I have found it very fun doing it I started in May this year, and I contacted the  geriskipou town hall which is the sacred gardens of aphrodite and booked and confirmed the ceremony date. And i booked my holiday with thomas cook and the hotel im staying at does weddings which is Avanti hotel but theres also a village its all one resort, which is perfect if you have friends or family on budgets. Im having a cocktail reception there and wedding breakfast and dj aswell. They have a wedding team , so i just tell them what i want done , so that helps I guess. I've booked wedding car, flowers and photographer just having sunset photos on beach. I'm on a tight budget so that's another reason why I have gone without a planner, but honestly there's nothing to worry about , they speak very good English. I speak to the hotel manager every couple of weeks and she has helped me loads. 

If there's anything you need to know just msg me hun , im happy to help xxx

• Hi Lisa 

hope u had the wedding if your dreams! 
    Iv just started looking into a Cyprus wedding, & will all depend on prices! Did ur guests pay for themselves- & how many guests did u have? 

Also so would you still recommend planning with out a planner & just the hotel staff? 

😃
  • Hi, I am getting married in Cyprus next year and have also decided to do all of the planning myself.  We chose a wedding abroad, to keep costs down.  Personally, I have not found it stressful so far, and pretty much know everything I wanted to know.  It took about 2 weeks of research; I was on a mission :D.

We opted to find accommodation suitable for all 24 of us (immediate family only).  We chose Limnaria gardens, which looks like a lovely complex of apartments and Villas.  I found Hotels seemed quite expensive, and as I have decided not to pay for my guest's accommodation or flights, I wanted to make it as affordable for them as possible.  I have chosen specific apartments for everyone, and sent out information packs, with details of each.  We will be sharing 5 apartments between us. I have divided the overall cost of the accommodation, by the number of adults, this seemed to make it very affordable for the week.  From this, they could make the decision on whether it was suitable for them.  I haven't had any objections so far, so will book those soon.

We have decided to marry in the garden of Peyia Town Hall. I was debating on the best way to go about this but have decided to do all of the paperwork ourselves.  It seems quite straightforward.  As for the reception, I have found a few local restaurants, some of which have entertainment in the evening.  We have decided not to have decorations or white linen, to keep costs down, make planning easier and enjoy the simplicity of the venue.  We have chosen a venue which is on the seafront in a beautiful setting so we didn't feel we needed the extras.  We will make arrangements to see the venue when we land in Cyprus and will take contingency money if we do decide to buy some fresh flowers for the tables.

We are having a blessing in the UK with our extended family when we return.  That is where we will have a cake, which is one less thing to have to arrange in Cyprus.  I am taking over silk flowers so I can use them for both Cyprus and the UK.

So the final costs are £4000 for me, my partner, and our 2 children.  This includes a wedding dress, suit, flowers, bridesmaids dresses, pageboy outfit, accommodation, flights, ceremony, reception, photographer, hair, makeup, nails, rings, etc.  Literally everything apart from spending money for the holiday of course.

I know this may not suit everyone but great for budget-conscious brides like me.

• Lisa429Lisa429 Posts: 16 New bride
    Hi Victoria,  
    Sorrry not replied sooner. No i havent paid for my guests to come , they are paying for thier own holidays. Im just prividing food and drink for the wedding day.  I havent found it stressful at all planning it myself. Its up to you , depends on how much money you have to spend and what kind of person are you, do you like to be in control or are u happy for someone else to take the reins ?? If you need any advice or help just msg me.  4 months left until my wedding its getting very near, still lots to finish :smiley:

• j.lloyd27j.lloyd27 Posts: 1 New bride
    Hi all, I am also planning a wedding in Cyprus but for August 2020. I am stressing about it to be honest. I am worried about getting my family out there. I am finding the flights and accommodation to be quite expensive. Any ideas on keeping costs down for our guests? Also, we really want everyone in the same place if possible and when I search for holidays there are not enough rooms for everyone. Kill me now. Haha. Thanks 
  • doggerbankdoggerbank Posts: 16 New bride
    j.lloyd27 said:
    Hi all, I am also planning a wedding in Cyprus but for August 2020. I am stressing about it to be honest. I am worried about getting my family out there. I am finding the flights and accommodation to be quite expensive. Any ideas on keeping costs down for our guests? Also, we really want everyone in the same place if possible and when I search for holidays there are not enough rooms for everyone. Kill me now. Haha. Thanks 
    Hi im getting married in cyprus in 11 weeks and alot of my guests are just coming for 4 days to keep the costs lower.
  • thoward0313thoward0313 Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I have just had a wedding in Cyprus and it was a disaster. The wedding was with idk.com cy and the wedding planner was Igor milijic. The wedding planner and the company are scammers. They had a cheap generator powering the venue which packed in because the lights used to much electricity, the wedding planner should of prepared. The cake was never brought out and the wedding planner took off and still has not been seen with a cake or any compensation for no cake, no lights for 1 hour and 30 mins, the bride walked down the aisle to the wrong song which was made clear to wedding planner and the wedding planner got the wrong flowers for the bride. Anyone reading this DO NOT book with ido weddings and diffently not IGOR MILIJIC.

• gemma.rhonagemma.rhona Posts: 1
    HI, I'm planning a wedding next september 2020 and have booked and paid the deposit with IDO.com with IGOR MILIJIC, has anybody had any other experience with this company? I have spoken to them on the phone and was recommended by some one, the website looks lovely but I can't find any reviews? I'm getting slightly concerned now as I have only read the above from thoward0313 who posted in July, can any body offer me some feed back?