Help! Portugal wedding... need venue ideas please?!

Hello! 

My my fiancé and I are visiting the Algarve for 3 nights in around 2 weeks time to view what we thought was our chosen venue -Pine Cliffs Resort. Only now I am feeling as though I should use the trip to educate myself on all things “Portugal wedding” and find vendors, makeup artist and hair dresser and potentially another venue? 

We’re not getting wed until 2020 but I’m keen to secure the venue ASAP. Weve booked a cake tasting session and a meeting with 2 wedding planners To see who can offer us the best deal for what we want at a good price. I guess I want to know if it’s worth using a planner or are they an  unnecessary expense? 

We were set on Pine Cliffs as it has such stunning views. We definitely was t to be outdoors, preferably by water and in a luxurious setting. 

If there are any brides out there with any info AT ALL on getting wed in Portugal please please comment as I’m starting to get overwhelmed at the enormity of the task.

TIA 

XX

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 499 New bride

I can't be of much help, but my sister flew out to sing at a wedding at the Palacio do Freixo in Porto and in the pictures it looked absolutely STUNNING, right on the water. No idea if that's what you're looking for, it just is particularly beautiful :)

• Thank you @Cecillia13 , i will look it up! 😊

• Hi! 😀

Congratulations for choosing the Algarve for the celebration of your wedding!

I am an experienced makeup artist in the Algarve and would love to help, if you need. Please visit my instagram @susana.aleixo_mua or facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SusanaAleixoMakeup/  I will be more than happy to provide you with a quote. 

Even though you're getting married in 2020, don't think it's too early. I already have many brides booked for 2020!

As per venues, I can recommend you a few that I particularly love: 

Suites Alba in Carvoeiro

Villa Refugio in Alvor

Casa Rupi in Boliqueime

Pine Cliffs

Vidamar Resort im Salgados-Albufeira

These are my favourite ones! 💕

Monchique used to be one of my favourites but unfortunately the fires had stolen its beauty...

Please let me know if you need more recommendations.

Also my email if you need is [email protected]

Happy planning! Susana xx

• Hi,
    I'm a professional makeup artist based in Algarve, and also work in partnership with a hairstylist.
    Please fill free to contact me, i'm totally free to help you.
    Thank you.

Vera Chumbinho
    www.verachmakeupalgarve.com