Invites / RSVPS

Hi Ladies, 

I'm starting to think about my wedding invites for my wedding in France next year. I really would like a poem in there or wording that basically says, we know it's a lot to ask and won't be offended if you don't come. However, I'm not poet..and i know it.. (HA!)

I've had a look through some threads and stolen bits and pieces but I really want something short and simple on the RSVP card

Help would be massively appreciated xxx

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

We didn’t do anything on the invites but had spread by word of mouth in general chats with people that there will be absolutely no hard feelings if people are unable to join us, we appreciate it’s a lot of time effort money etc. You could do this just in general when you see people or if you hand deliver any of the invites. We have also put a note, but not a poem, on our website which says pretty much the same thing. Sorry I can’t help - poetry and creativity not my forte but the sentiment has definitely been shared.

• thank you. Weve tried saying that to people we see but a lot of our friends live far and wide. I guess there’s no harm in just typing in the invite ‘we won’t be offended’ 

our friends would probably think it weird we’d put a poem in lol x 

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 372 New bride

It could be a simple line like "We hope to see as many of you as possible at our wedding, but we appreciate it is a long way to travel and understand if you are unable to make it."

Just light-hearted, simple and to the point.

• AYou could start with a simple save the date, almost like a travel tag size type thing. 

That says something simple like 

We’re tying the knot with the day of our dreams so save this date XX Month Year

If you don’t mind travelling and it’s somehjng you can afford, we‘d really love you to join us for our wedding abroad in France. And grab a holiday too. We understand if you can’t make it, we will still raise a glass to you!