St Lucia wedding....

Hello 👋🏻 

My partner and I got engaged in September and of course,  we have started or shall I say, ‘I’ have immediately started planning 

We were innitially thinking of a small wedding abroad 20-30 people in Skiathos however due to issues such as wedding planners not getting back in touch with us, picking  a venue through ionian to only be told that they no longer work with the venue anymore we feel that it’s a sign of some sort not to go ahead with it.

We have started looking at elopement weddings and are considering St Lucia. No guests (Mum and sister aren’t happy!), just by ourselves and to go all out just the two of us. I have never done all inclusive before in my life and never stayed anywhere luxurious as such so it shall be a treat! 

We have been looking at the following hotels, sugar beach, anse chastanet, sandals grande st lucian, ladera, jade mountain (maybe only one night!!) Most of these hotels seem to offer complimentary weddings....

Has anybody every got married in St Lucia, honeymooned there or holidayed there and can offer any advice, hotel preference or or had experience staying at one of the above resorts? 

Thanks so much x

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,954 New bride

I have no experience of St Lucia, but a close friend of mine holidays at the Coyaba Beach Resort in Grenada every year and she got married there a couple of years ago, just her and her husband. She is VERY fussy and particular so it must be good - she books through Virgin but arranged the wedding direct with the hotel, and the photos were amazing.

I don't know if you're absolutely set on St.Lucia, so just thought I'd mention it!

• I L O V E St Lucia! I work in travel and have travelled a lot and it's one of my favourite places. I wanted to get married there but my other half wanted his family to attend and they wouldn't travel blah blah - so a home wedding it was. Anyway - 

Sandals Grande I have stayed at and whilst it's stunning it is quite large and they do have quite a few weddings per day, however the other Sandals - Halcyon Beach is amazing. It's a smaller hotel (but a spacious resort) and has a more of Caribbean feel to it but it is just as luxurious as the others - in all honesty you can't go wrong with any Sandals so entirely your choice! - but personally I loved the Halcyon. But you can use the restaurants of the other hotels too (I believe) so you can explore them all if you wish. 

All of the hotels you've looked at are very lovely. I can also recommend the Rendezvous to look at, again very beautiful and intimate.  

As you haven't mentioned you'd be travelling with children - if you want somewhere that is adults only Sandals and Rendezvous are perfect. Sugar beach have children facilities (club/pool etc) 

Hope that helps a little! Not jealous one bit haha :) x

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

I haven't been yet but am honeymooning at Rendezvous and Ladera in a couple of weeks!!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

We're off to the St James Club in a fortnight- I'll let you know what it is like!

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Congratulations on your engagement!  I'm getting married in St.Lucia too!

I have stayed in the North and visited a few hotels, especially when I was trying to source venues for the wedding.  I haven't stayed at any of those hotels that you mentioned though but I know they are all really nice.

jjward gave some good advice re: choosing hotels. I think it depends what kind of resort you are looking for in terms of budget, amenities, size, proximity to bars, restaurants etc.  Most of the hotels offer a basic complimentary package and then they tend to have other upgraded packages at different costs. As jjward2019 said, Sandals can host a few weddings a day, so its worth checking the hotel's policy regarding how many weddings are hosted per day.  When I was visiting different hotels, most had a 1 wedding a day policy and some 2.  

I would also recommend looking on Trip Advisor and reading reviews but also to see traveller photos.   I always like to see 'real' photos in addition to the publicity photos. Most of the hotels have Wedding brochures or sections that you can download and also email the Wedding Co-ordignators if you have any questions that you need answering, as I found them all really helpful.

Hope you manage to reach a decision!