Help and advice on small intimate wedding in Florence

Hi,

we got engaged 6 months and having looked at various options in the uk which we have discounted due to not wanting to have the big wedding stress of planning etc etc so have decided on a small intimate wedding in Florence with less than 10 guests. We love Florence having spent a lovely holiday there 😊

Any suggestions and help on locations, planners, tips for the day etc. Would be great!

We’d also quite like to hire a photographer for the day to have various photos taken around the city sights - again any suggestions please.

thanks 

• I have no doubt:

planner: https://www.wedinflorence.com/

photographer: https://www.zonzo.studio/

check their websites and you will fall in love.

xxx

M.

• Hi there,

I got married this year in Florence and I chose Alessandra (www.alessandrapezzati.it) as my photographer. She's sooo talented and very romantic. The best thing I received from her part it's a lot of empathy and good energy during all my wedding day (she helped me a lot also in relaxing me and my husband for romantic shooting, as we were a little bit too nervous).

She's not expensive and she's very nice in taking care of all your requests.

About the location: I chose Villa di Maiano, very close to the city which is sooo beautiful but quite expensive.

It hope it can help :)

XXX

Sara

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Have a look at Villa Fontanelle - quite expensive but licensed for civil ceremonies, has a beautiful terrace overlooking Florence that you can get married on and gorgeous grounds. The Westin right in the city has a stunning rooftop terrace too but I can imagine might be very expensive - we saw people having a night before reception when we went and it was just gorgeous as the sun set!

We’re using Wiskow and White for our planners (we’re having a bigger wedding in the countryside), they’re brilliant, I couldn’t recommend them enough so far. For photographers we just spent time reading blogs and looking on instagram. We are using Paolo Ceritano - no idea how ours will come out but I’m excited as I love his work.

For a smaller wedding you could look at some of the town halls - some are beautiful and very grand, if that’s your kind of thing! I know the one in Florence is very impressive  for a town hall! I’d then focus on finding a holiday villa and getting in caterers or perhaps even private dining in a restaurant. The Baglioni rooftop has a gorgeous feel to it and lots of sectioned off areas you could make semi private for a celebration in the city. There are some stunning villas outside of the City too. Not sure what your budget is but the Four Seasons and Belmond San Michele look amazing for a small intimate wedding. 

• Thanks sooo much for the info above - will have a look at the various website suggested xx

• Hi girls,

I couldn't plan my wedding myself... so I hired Danila www.damawedding.it . Amazing!  always available and helpful. she's taking care of everything. our photographer will be paola calamarà www.paolacalamara.com