Catholic Wedding Abroad in Spain

Hi folks,

Just looking a bit of advice regarding documents that we require as we are now within 6 months.  We have already arranged with a priest that he is happy to marry us in Spain.  An address has been given to us to send our documents to and we were told to go to our parish priest to get the relevant documents.

We visited our parish priest about a month ago and received a 'Statutory Declaration of Freedom', that we have to sign and have signed by a solicitor.  We also need to do a course with him.

I rang our local council registry to see if we needed anything from them and they told me to look it up on the .gov website, which doesn't clarify what is required.

Anyone been in the same position as this and can advise if we need a Certificate of No Impediment as well?  




Sign In or Register to comment.