Recommendations for weddings in the Algarve

Hi, I got married last Sunday the 22nd of July and for me the day couldn't have been any better. I loved every minute of it! I just wanted to pass on some recommendations to anyone planning their wedding. 

Wedding Planner: Sandra at Sonho a Dois - I feel over the past year Sandra became like a friend to us and was as excited and enthusiastic about the day as we were ourselves. Every time we visited Portugal, Sandra drove us to view venues, do tastings, meetings with florists etc. and her advice and recommendations were excellent. Having Sandra on the day was fantastic. She went between Emmet and I and our guests all morning. She literally looked after every guest. They all commented on how lovely and helpful she was. In January, Sonho a Dois flew with all the vendors we had booked to Dublin. They also fly to the UK. I was able to meet the florist, photographer, venue owner and chef. I even had my hair and make up trials there. I couldn't thank her enough!

Venue: Monte das Oliveiras - I couldn't recommend this venue more highly. It looked amazing on the day. At night all the trees were lit up with fairy lights all provided by the venue. The staff were friendly and so efficient. The food is amazing!! I had guests with lots of food allergies and the chef ensured that every guest was catered for. They were also able to provide an ice-cream bike.

Band: The Nicole Silver Band - I was absolutely blown away by Nicole Silver. It is by far the best live music I have heard at an event. Three weeks before our ceremony we gave her a list of songs and she learned them all. She even sang 'She moved through the Fair' and all my guests thought she was Irish. Everyone said they had goosebumps when she sang! The party was amazing! I have never seen a band get the crowd going like that. Everyone danced the night away. Before dinner started, she had everyone dancing in. I had given her music that I like and at the welcome drinks and dinner, they played background music that just suited our tastes perfectly. I just regret that I didn't get to thank her properly. She made our night!

Flowers: Oura Flores - The bouquets and centre-pieces were amazing! They did not just provide flowers. They decorated the whole venue. We had an old bike with a basket of flowers. Wheelbarrows and milk churns full of flowers scattered around the gardens. Beautiful!

Hair and Make-up: 
Hair - Andreia from Sakura - An absolutely lovely girl and she did exactly what all of us wanted. I changed my mind three times and she was able to make my hair look exactly like the picture I showed her.
Make-up - Andreia Martins from AM make-up academy. She did a fantastic job on my make-up, which included false lashes and all my bridesmaids and my mum looked stunning.

Photobooth: Memorybox - Highly recommend. Such fun and the memories are priceless.

Photographer and videographer: Time Capture - I don't have the photos or videos yet but they were lovely and made me feel so at ease. They had great ideas too. I'm sure they will do a great job.

Best of luck with all the planning!!