Rhodes wedding legal residency

I'm getting myself really confused about how long we would need to be on the island prior to getting married. 
We are looking to marry in greece, preferably rhodes as we love pefkos/lindos in May 2020. I've been trying to research minimum residency as travel agents seem to say 8 days but I have seen on older threads on here that using an independent wedding planner this isn't necessary.
Could anyone help shed any light?
I've been looking closely at lindos princess hotel as this seems to cover most of my likes both for wedding/holiday but still open to other options. 
Here's me thinking going abroad would take a lot of stress out of things. 
Katy

• Hey im getting married in Lindos this September and we are staying at princess beach hotel. We booked independently through uniqueweddingsrhodes. Our ceremony and recpetion we choose ourselves through our planner.  We fly out the wednesday and marry on the monday. Planner said a few days is absolutely fine. Cant get married on a weekend tho :) hope this helps :)
  • lou-klou-k Posts: 5 New bride
    Oh thank you, that does help a lot. I think an independent planner may be the way forward. I'd read that they submit the legal documents to the town hall for you which is what a travel agents don't do. 
    I may have to email a few and see where to go from there. 
    I bet you can't wait for it to come around. 
  • Its come round so quick. Id def reccomend visting there website, run by a English lady called Beverley., weve choose mitsis memories beach for ceremony , followed by a boat cruise to our reception, a taverna on the beach. Goodluck in your planning,  any questions give me a shout :) xx
    I bet it has, have you had it booked a while? Thank you so much. I feel a bit lost with it all initially I think which again would be the benefit of a planner that knows that specific area. I want to the travel agents the other day and told them what I wanted and came away with options for a totally different country! 
  • We booked it January last year. Planners are great you can call/email them directly,  so much easier. X
    We're booked! 26/5/2020. Have used a planner in the end and happy with the choice. Will book the holiday when they get released in April but everything feels so much more personal and I feel like we've been able to chose a venue and reception which is what we had imagined rather than what the travel agents wanted to sell us. Xx
  • lou-k said:
    We're booked! 26/5/2020. Have used a planner in the end and happy with the choice. Will book the holiday when they get released in April but everything feels so much more personal and I feel like we've been able to chose a venue and reception which is what we had imagined rather than what the travel agents wanted to sell us. Xx
    Aw lovely. :) who did you book with in the end? X
    We've gone with happily ever after. After lots of looking I decided on the matina hotel in Pefkos and are using their courtyard option. Happily ever after are based at that particular hotel so was the easiest option. It feels so much more real now we have a definate date. Just need to get a holiday booked around it once jet2 release them for next year. 
    I've just realized I think I follow your slimming world progress on insta too. Yours will be here before you know it. Xx