Photographers in the Caribbean

Hello everyone, we're getting married in Antigua next year and I wondered if anyone knows of any photographers that would come to us? I appreciate that the hotel can provide a photographer but I just don't like the style of the photos being so posed etc. May seem a bit daft but I'm only getting married once and it's our special day and I want the photos to be more natural with no shiny skin haha. 

• Congratulations on your impending wedding!
    I can't recommend a photographer but I'm getting married in the Caribbean and I looked up various suppliers in the area and started following them on Instagram to get a better idea of their work. I am following a couple of photographers and have found a few more as people in the event industry tend to follow each other. If you find a photographer that you like based in Antigua or the Caribbean, it might cut down on costs.

Anyway, just an idea!
  • WirfleWirfle Posts: 23 New bride
    Congratulations on your impending wedding!
    I can't recommend a photographer but I'm getting married in the Caribbean and I looked up various suppliers in the area and started following them on Instagram to get a better idea of their work. I am following a couple of photographers and have found a few more as people in the event industry tend to follow each other. If you find a photographer that you like based in Antigua or the Caribbean, it might cut down on costs.

Anyway, just an idea!
    Thank you for the reply. Who are following on Instagram? 
  • AmabeabrideAmabeabride Posts: 13 New bride
    I searched photographers based in St.Lucia on Google, as that's where I'm getting married and then saw if they had an Instagram account.  I also did some searching on Insta too.  Also, I follow some muas and wedding/event planners based there, so looked at who they followed as well. I'm sure you can do the same for Antigua, although there are some photographers based in the Caribbean who work across islands.
    Ive just come across anther photographer whose work is becoming one of my favourites, though not sure if he travels - @jelanilebourne. I also follow Alberta Henry and bexphotopro to name a couple.

Definitely have a search for Antiguan based photographers as well though.

Hope your search goes well.