Getting started.. Dominican wedding 2021 help!

Hello,

I am hoping somebody reading this could maybe help me..

I am starting to try and make plans for our wedding which we would like to take place in the Dominican 2021.

however I have no idea where to start!!

I have been to local travel agents which I have not had much help from as no flights are out and they are saying I cannot book the wedding until 11 months before which is just far too late for me to let my guests etc when I am expecting them to fly out all this way.

I really like the look of the dreams (Hilton) la romana/secrets cap cana and I want to make a start on planning and having a rough idea of prices etc what I need to start with.

If people have any hotel/venue recommendations please forward them my way!

do you think I am best to contact the hotel directly first? would you advise a wedding planner/co-ordinator?

any advice would be hugely appreciated as I'm starting to freak slightly on how I may do this!

hoping I can start to make progress with this!

thank you

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,934 New bride
    You can book a holiday over a year in advance, just not the actual wedding ceremony is what I imagine they are telling you.
    If I look on First Choice for example, you can book holidays to the Dominican Republic up to October 2020. You can get a good idea of price for your guests by looking at that, maybe tell them to budget for year on year increases.