European Wedding help!

Total stab in the dark but we are looking to get married in Europe in 2021 and if I’m honest I’m completely terrified at the first hurdle! We have a large ish wedding party (60/80) guests and my ideal criteria would be, a venue that can accommodate them all for 3 nights, a venue with a view and the option to eat outside. We’ve covered France, Italy and Mallorca and I just can’t find that perfect place, we aren’t fussed really about which country and welcome new and quirky suggestions.
. Am I asking for too much? Please be honest with me. I’m also finding especially in Italy that the price per head and for rooms is insane. Any sort of guidance or help would be greatly appreciated. 6 months of looking and I’m still no closer
Thanks in advance 
Jemma 

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Depends what your budget is but I think it'll be pretty darn expensive for that many people - more so than if you just did it somewhere nice in the UK.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the likelihood of all 60-80 guests coming is pretty low. 

I found Italy/France more expensive than other places. Maybe try Romania or some of the less common European countries if you're on a tighter budget?
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    http://www.weddingvenuescroatia.com/destinations/unique-places/ 
    There's some nice places on here and it gives you a rough idea of price per head.
  • Beatrice25Beatrice25 Posts: 224 New bride
    Hey @jemmaway I'm getting married in Portugal in June. Italy was our first idea until we worked out costs! We invited about 90 guests and 60 are coming and we've managed to stick within our budget as well as having everything we wanted. I've seen people do it cheaper by going to a restaurant etc and then people spend loads so it really depends on you, but I've certainly found it cheaper compared to friends and families uk weddings.

We're getting married at Suites Alba which is all in one place with a beautiful view of the sea, cliffs and beaches. Our wedding planners are Glamour Weddings and they've been amazing so far. The first thing we did is contact lots of different planners explain our ideas and budgets and ask for rough quotes and suggestions and then had skype calls. We also spoke to Sonho A Dois who were also really good if you're wanting a Portugal wedding.

Other places we looked was Greece, Malta and Croatia. 

I hope this helps slightly :) x
  • jemmawayjemmaway Posts: 3 New bride
    @Beatrice25 thank you so much. Really helpful, especially with your big wedding party. Are you all staying in the same venue? And how long are you all out there? This would be my ideal situation and we do a bbq or something the first night then the wedding then somethingbon the last day. Am I crazy to want all this for less then a uk wedding!!!!! 
  • love_awaylove_away Posts: 23 New bride
    jemmaway said:
    @Beatrice25 thank you so much. Really helpful, especially with your big wedding party. Are you all staying in the same venue? And how long are you all out there? This would be my ideal situation and we do a bbq or something the first night then the wedding then somethingbon the last day. Am I crazy to want all this for less then a uk wedding!!!!! 
    Hi Jemma

Check the below, it's a lovely place with someone I know who got married there, reasonably priced and very beautiful venue too -

https://www.bonjbeachhvar.com/wedding-packages/

• Beatrice25Beatrice25 Posts: 224 New bride
    jemmaway said:
    @jemmaway No, so we decided to let everyone book their own accomodation as I didn't want the stress of trying to organise everyone and everyone has different budgets etc. Majority of people are staying for a week and they've all booked villas close by in groups themselves, we've got a few staying 2 weeks as well. They're all making a holiday of it which is good. We're there 2 weeks. You could definitely do something like that, we got asked if we wanted to but costs started adding up so we're just going to do something chilled in our villa as well as arrange a meal out with everyone x