Wedding Dress

I am getting married in Croatia and wondered if anyone has any advice on the best way to take my dress out there. All packaged up it will be too large for hand luggage, but I am a little nervous about putting it in the hold. I am sure it will be perfectly safe, but just you hear horror stories of bags going missing, being broken etc. I could insure it, but the main worry is having intact on the day.  I will be a bag of nerves waiting for my dress to appear on the carousel.... any ideas?????? 

• Hi.  I’m getting married next year in NYC so I have the same concerns.  I’ve been doing a lot of online research and it seems as if you can get most dresses into hold luggage if its properly packed (check out YouTube for some of the videos of dresses being packed).  I haven’t found my dress yet but I am going to ask the shop if they will pack it for me the day before I go as they will be MUCH better than me at doing that!  You can get wedding dress boxes too - to box up the dress which do fit in carry on size guidelines so that’s another option I am thinking about.

Luckily my HTB travels light so I can use his hand luggage to take the normal stuff (phone, book etc) and just have my dress and shoes in my hand luggage.

One thing I know is that I won’t be putting it in the hold, I would be far too worried for the whole flight.