Having 2 weddings?

hello everyone,

so my fiancé and I are getting married in France on the 17th July 2021, I am originally from there and will be getting married in a chateau where my parents works. I am so excited, however you have to live in France for more than 1 month to officially get married there, so my fiancé and I are going to get married at the registra here in the UK this July 2020 and have a humanist ceremony in France, I wanted to keep the UK wedding low key even thought that when we are really getting married but a lot of friends and my fiancé parents wants us to make it a bit more official and go out to eat after, which I am happy with but not sure what I could wear? My best friend says I should where a wedding dress but I really want to keep that special moment when we will be at the chateau! Can anyone recommend something else I could wear? Or do you think I should wear a wedding dress? 

Thank you for reading ☺️

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 890 New bride
    I haven't got experience on this but perhaps you could save The Dress for France, and get a high street/internet one for UK? Something a bit more understated, perhaps, which shouldn't draw any attention away from the main event! There's plenty of wedding dress collections in high street stores, or you could go for an evening dress. It would be a lovely opportunity to pick a dress of a totally different style to what you plan to wear in France. Definitely don't feel pressured into wearing the same dress to both events if you want to keep it special.
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 49 New bride
    Totally agree with OmRum, there are lots of options but I'd save your dress for France. I think it really depends on the type of restaurant you are going to - if you aren't going to book the whole place out, you might feel a bit out of place in a classic wedding dress. I'd definitely look at high street wedding dresses (some are in the sales at the moment) but you could also look at separates or dresses in pale silver / champagne, something that will make it clear you're the bride but will save the other dress for the chateau. I have been thinking of getting a second outfit for my wedding (all one day), just in case I get uncomfortable or want to dance unrestricted and I was thinking of a lace skirt and a white satin camisole.
  • MargauxMargaux Posts: 2 New bride
    Thank you ladies for your advice ☺️ I didn’t even think about getting different colour dress, and like you said it’s the sales! I will have a look thank you for all your help xx