Forum home Weddings abroad

anyone getting married at the st george chapel in paphos

im getting married in the st geroge chapel may 22 2008 just woundering anyone else booked here and no of any wed site to look at .

i cant wait already have my dress and all my bridesmaids dresses got 4 of them they all excited too.

any with any info please let me no.

jo

• I'm getting married on 14 may 2008 at St George Chapel. Theres a couple of pictures on St George Hotels website. I'm so excited too. Your're the only other person I have seen that is getting married there. Where are you staying and where are you having the reception?
  • hi emma

we are stopping at the st george hotel we have booked everythink with thompson im well excited

how long you staying out there for and where are you staying ? do you no the time off the wedding ?

we flying out the 17th may .

have you seen all the pics of people getting wed in cyprusfanalive.com if you cant get on it that why go to google and put in st george chapel and should come up .

we ahve a small buffet in the hotel after then hopfully booking a restaurant down the harbour.

how meny people you got going out with you ?

[Modified by: jofor on November 19, 2007 01:35 PM]

[Modified by: jofor on November 19, 2007 01:50 PM]
  • IanDBIanDB Posts: 510
    Hi Jo & Emma

Yes the Chapel is truely amazing, will accommodate upto 40 / 50 or so people, not too far from paphos about 4 miles

Let me know if you need any info

kev
  • We are flying out on 7 may for 2 weeks. We are stayingin the St George Gardens. We are getting married at 2.30, which may have been a bad idea as it will be a bit warm at that time!! do you know what time you are getting married? we are taking about 20people with us. How many you takin? We are hopin to have a meal out on the terrace at the hotel after the wedding but I can't arrange anything until I get there which is a bit nerve racking!!! i'm so excited time just seems to be fying by. are Thomsons arranging all your hair and make up and stuff or are you doing it yourself? We are doing everything ourselves so i'm going to use the hairdressers at the hotel. Have you benn to the St George before?
  • hi emma

not been the st george before but so meny good things been said about it and plus they haveing a major refub that starts dec and finich march so hopefully going to be even better.

not sure wot time we getting married have asked and just said afternoon how did you find out ?

we taking 30 people with us mostly family my best friend whos coming is my wounderfull hairdresser so got no woorys about me hair not to sure about make up yet may do it meself or my cousin good at all that .

your going to be next door then on your hoonymoon when we arrive .

its defo going to be warm when we get wed have you got a car to take you the chapel or you walking , the chapel got aircon which can only be good for cooling us off !!

we can book our buffet meal on line i have emailed the hotel that meny times asking things thay most think im MAD !!
  • hi ceolmor

did you manage to fit all those people in the chapel iv read that it only holds some say 24 and others say 30 .

any info about the sevice would be nice how long it lasts and is it easy to understand ?

did you take any music to walk down to ?

have you got wed there ?

• Hi Jo

I am getting married at st georges chapel 26th June 2008, I have found a web site called I Do.com where you can view the chapel hope this helps.

Tracey

[Modified by: traceyt on November 20, 2007 10:04 PM]
  • Hi Girls,

My cousin got married at st Georges a few years ago, she now lives in Paphos and runs a bridal beauty/make up/hair service. I'm going to get married at St.Georges myself - as soon as we can start saving again after buying a house!

Its really lovely - you can take your own music and if you are having an Anglican service its all done and arranged by the Anglican Church of paphos who are all british. My cousin has pictures of St Georges on her website - if you would like the details email me - I wish I was getting married next year but maybe 2009 or 2010!

My cousin has lots of contacts - florists, transport, cakes etc. as its cheaper to book things yourselves a lot of the time than go through the tour operators so if you want any info let me know.

Glyn x

Hi Jo

I was led to believe that it only held about 24, but was informed early this year that it can accommodate a lot more, again as Glyn as said it is run by the Anglican church but they share the 2 chapels ( Ayia Kyriaki & St George's ) with the Catholic Church,

contact Helen Smith Parish Admin / Co-coordinator Mobile 99212627

E-mail [email protected]

or SUZIE 00357 99613715

Services usually last 30 mins for Anglician & about 40 mins + for Catholic Service, Yes it is easy to understand as it is in English lol.

You can take your own music to be played while you walk down the Aisle or just have the music supplied by the Organist.

No I have not wed there, but if your still confused drop me an e-mail & I'll tell you what I do.

Kev

• hi jo

I booked the church direct with Helen Smith and she booked us in for a time straight away. We are staying in the St george gardens as we have family staying in the hotel so that way we might get a bit of time to ourselves after the wedding!!

i just hope everthing is going to run smoothly when we get there as we can't do anything until then. WOW the nerves are setting in already, what am I going to be like on the day!!!!!!!lol

• hi kev thanks for that im not to confussed i defo want to marry in the st george chapel tho do you no if i can get hold of a sitting plan of the chapel anywhere ?

jofor
  • Hi Jofor

There are about half a dozen small pews on each side and you and hubby sit on large chairs at the front when you are not standing in front of the minister.

It will take about 50 people but some of those will be standing at the back.

It is a beautiful, small and intimate chapel, everyone who has been married there (especially me) loves it.

If you send me your email I have one or two pictures facing the pews of my wedding - [email protected]

Nicky x
  • kathysukkathysuk Posts: 518
    hey ladies, I'm getting married at the other church, Ayia Kyriaki and I have some information Helen (parish administrator) has sent me. It basically details what the Rev. will be saying throughout the whole ceremony and I also have the music choices on offer at both AK and St Georges. email me of you want to take a peek!

Kathy x
    Hi Jo

As Nicky has said there are 3 rows of pews on either side sitting 4 people in each

by the alter you have another pew where bride & Groom, best man & head bridesmaid sit, behind that is another pew sitting 4 more

kev
  • thanks everyone for all the info you have given me

im getting so excited now and i cant wait it was 6 months 2 the day we get wed yesturday how scary is that !!

nicky im sending you my email and cant wait to see the pics

jofor
  • oh my god jofor i'm getting married at st georges chapel on 22nd may 2008 @ 5pm, when is your wedding time?
  • i forgot to ask Jofor, have you managed to plan everything with ease? which resort are you staying in? we are staying at the athena beach hotel along with our friends and family

• Jofor,

You have mail with pictures attched.

Nicky x
  • hi tina&olly not sure wot time we get merried havent been told went on the travel agents to ask they said not sure and i emailed the chapel people and thay said there not allowed to tell me i have to go thourgh who i booked with im going to get back on to the travel agents cause do really need and wont to o now.

we stopping at the st george hotel and family and friends stopping in laura beach next door.

cant belive we getting wed on the same day i kept saying to h2b cant find anyone on this chat room that getting wed on the 22nd.

plans are going well. well i think they are anyway lol

you haveing your reception at athena beach ?

when do you fly out to cyprus we go the 17th from east mids it was 6 months on thursday till we will be married how scary !!

• I can't believe we are getting married on the same day too. Who have you booked through? We initially booked our wedding back in January with first choice and they couldn't confirm the date and time straight off because the new summer season hadn't started then. First choice were really good however and said that the date we wanted was confirmed but we were given a time of 5pm. I have to say we weren't overly happy with this at first but now its perfect. They did say again that this time would not be 100% until we arrive on 18th May when met by our wedding co-ordinator.

I'm surprised that they haven't at least given you a provisional time what are you supposed to tell people? the Chapel is beautiful your day can't go wrong.

We are staying in the Athena beach and having our reception there. the Hotel has its own private beach which we are using for our reception.

Are you having a wedding co-ordinator? are you finding it a little hard to be organised with everything? the whole idea of arriving and planning like mental for the 3 days is making me a little nervous now especially as you say we have only 6 months!

were flying out from Gatwick on 18th and return on 28th

have you got your dress sorted?

Keep in touch

Tina
  • I can't believe we are getting married on the same day too. Who have you booked through? We initially booked our wedding back in January with first choice and they couldn't confirm the date and time straight off because the new summer season hadn't started then. First choice were really good however and said that the date we wanted was confirmed but we were given a time of 5pm. I have to say we weren't overly happy with this at first but now its perfect. They did say again that this time would not be 100% until we arrive on 18th May when met by our wedding co-ordinator.

I'm surprised that they haven't at least given you a provisional time what are you supposed to tell people? the Chapel is beautiful your day can't go wrong.

We are staying in the Athena beach and having our reception there. the Hotel has its own private beach which we are using for our reception.

Are you having a wedding co-ordinator? are you finding it a little hard to be organised with everything? the whole idea of arriving and planning like mental for the 3 days is making me a little nervous now especially as you say we have only 6 months!

were flying out from Gatwick on 18th and return on 28th

have you got your dress sorted?

Keep in touch

Tina
  • hi tina im finding somethinks hard to do like i want to plan where people will sit in the chapel but iv had that meny numbers on how meny can be sitted !

yes we have a wedding co-ordinator got to meet her when we arrive on the 17th we booked all ours thourgh thompson as thay only deal with the st george hotel we staying at.

soem of my family going from gatwick on the 18th as they live in essex.

yes iv got my dress its a simple one just to mid calf i love it . have you got your dress sorted ?

iv cahnges my mind on the shoes id brought to was haveing a nightmere altho found a lovely pair by rainbow club now and they going to perfect.

your h2b wearing a suit mine hasnt found one he likes yet but not worring suits are always around aint they he cant decied on the colour he wants pain in the ass or wot lol !!!

you haveing a big party when your back ?

we are got over 200 people its all booked just cant find a dj its doing me head in .

keep in touch

jo