Forum home Weddings abroad

delete

[Modified by: Mrs.D.2.Be on 17 May 2009 18:23:48 ]

[Modified by: Mrs.D.2.Be on 09 February 2010 21:57:54 ]

• hiya xfeex

i may be wrong and i hope i am, but i am not sure that u can marry in the maldives, we are honeymooning there and were told u cannot get married, but can have renewal of vows/blessings. that was a few months ago though, so it may have changed?

have u checked it out already?

xx
  • Yeah pauleen is right. I used to work for travel agents.

You can't get married in the Maldives although I believe you can have a blessing/renewal of vows, which would mean you would have to wed in UK before you go which i do recall another bride doing on here once.

You can get married in Mauritius which is also in Indian Ocean and there are tons of wedding packages to there by Thomson, T.Cook, F.Choice, Kuoni, Hayes & Jarvis, Virgin etc.

HTH

xx
  • Oh your kidding me?! I'm really gutted!

Oh well, will need to look at other options

Thanks gals

[Modified by: Mrs.D.2.Be on May 17, 2009 06:34 PM]

• hi there i was gutted it was our dream wedding destination.

however we are now getting married in sri lanka spending 2 weeks there then 2 weeks on the maldive island of meeru for our honeymoon for 2 weeks.

I would highly recommend elephant-island.com or .co.uk for booking with they haven been excellent.

If you have any question please ask

heather
  • VicRVicR Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am a wedding planner that works mainly in Marbella but also in Dubai and the Maldives. You will only be able to have a ceremonial wedding rather than a legal wedding in the Maldives, yo will exchange vows in front of a Maldivian master of ceremonies and then celebrate with a feast of your choice.

Let me know if you need any more information

Vicki
  • Quoted:
    hi there i was gutted it was our dream wedding destination.

however we are now getting married in sri lanka spending 2 weeks there then 2 weeks on the maldive island of meeru for our honeymoon for 2 weeks.

I would highly recommend elephant-island.com or .co.uk for booking with they haven been excellent.

If you have any question please ask

heather

Thanks for that...I will have a look at that site.

Thanks for all the advice, I want to get married legally though, don't want to have to do it again back in the UK, defeats the purpose really!

xx

[Modified by: Mrs.D.2.Be on May 17, 2009 06:36 PM]